Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Article about: I'm very curious : what is that "Rep Power" ? some liberal slogan?

Default Re: Rep Power

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    While we are talking about this,.. could someone also explain the little green boxes that are placed above the rep power? every member has one, except for Ade ( or atleast he's the only one i've seen with two). If you move the mouse overtop the green box for everyone except Ade, is says, '(the persons name) is on a distinguished road' so for instance it would say ' Rommel1942 is on a distinguished road' when you move the mouse over my square. But for Ade with the two squares, it says 'Adrian Stevenson will become famous soo enough'.
    Does anyone know what these are, and what the inscriptions mean?
    I was wondering the same, and thought the inscriptions kind of funny. Maybe you attain total enlightenment when your bars are all the way across the board??? Seriously, I think that there are elements of the forum software that were part of the package and some features are not used or fully taken advantage in some cases.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Hi, look at the number of posts: he's the only one over 10.000 . Just my guess but I believe it has something to do with it.
    Regards

Matt

yeah i think its probably some sort of thing that comes with the package.
    Matt, you did prove a good point in noticing it, Ade is the only one who has over 10,000 posts, so i can only imagine that is probably the reason why he has to boxes!

?

yep, if you check my box and your box you'll see that we have a different quote. It must be related to number of posts. I don't think Dimas was in an poetic mood so it must come from the box
    Regards

Matt

Hi Guys, I have taken a screen shot for you from the control panel to show the different comments which come with them. To be honest they are funny But they just come with the software.

Like I mentioned before, these things are a bit of fun. Look at the persons posts and what they say. Not rep powers or even post counts. I keep my rep power at 10. To have it at the actual level I would find embarassing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rep Power  

A journey of a million miles, begins with one little green box, grasshoppah.

To be honest I don't like it. Anyone can play with it and abuse it. Someone I think did this to me. He misunderstood my question, which was not out of place, and I think he gave me -17 Rep points. He later apologized for misunderstanding my question when I talked to him further. If someone does'nt like you, all they have to do is play with it and then you won't be able to post. I think its a feature that should be disabled. (My Opinion). But if the administrator is willing to ignore it....I'm in the negative so I guess I have been a bad boy..

Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 06-22-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    To be honest I don't like it. Anyone can play with it and abuse it. Someone I think did this to me. He misunderstood my question, which was not out of place, and I think he gave me -17 Rep points. He later apologized for misunderstanding my question when I talked to him further. If someone does'nt like you, all they have to do is play with it and then you won't be able to post. I think its a feature that should be disabled. (My Opinion). But if the administrator is willing to ignore it....I'm in the negative so I guess I have been a bad boy..

Mike
    Sounds about right for you Mike, being in the negative that is! LOL.

Thanks for linking this old thread. You get to see the list of mottos and how you attain them.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Like Ade says it just a little fun and comes with the software...

One day I will have a reputation beyond repute

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast