Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Repairing sheepskin east front jacket.

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   I am thinking of buying an east front sheepskin coat, it has a large hole in the shoulder - not a war time hole, just a huge tear from years of neglect.

Default Repairing sheepskin east front jacket.

Hello,

I am thinking of buying an east front sheepskin coat, it has a large hole in the shoulder - not a war time hole, just a huge tear from years of neglect.
    My sister is a TV wardrobe girl and believes she can do the fine grade leather sewing.

It's a non-primo example of such a coat, and I would like to use a patch - anyone have any ideas where I could find a piece of suitable sheepskin to patch the hole?

What would the wermacht have used?

Be nice if it was old material being used for the patch - I'm going to check out a few thrift stores, but really just throwing it out there to see if someone else had done such a thing and what route they had taken.

Ref. leaving it as it is - it's non-displayable as is -

Thanks all,

Pit.

You can purchase sheepskin reasonably cheap at Tandy leather goods. You can then "dirty" it up a bit and I believe you can achieve the effect you are looking for. Failing that, I suggest you go to some garage sales and look for an older one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph -

I think I'll try to find some suitably dog eared to match the rest of the jacket.