Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

reputation comment/like

Article about: I've had 32! WOohoooOo Ryan

Default Re: reputation comment/like

It's started again.....The abuse of the reputation system was a problem here a while back. The main instigator/protagonist was a strange guy who went under the guise of 'Teutonicknights' and a few of his cronies who were in his clique, some whom are still here, they know who they are, who awarded each other 'rep points' for no good reason other than to massage their own ego's.

He got canned because he ended up sending some rather disturbing messages to members who questioned his actions, it got rather nasty in some cases, and he was rightly binned.

Although the 'rep' system has some uses if applied correctly, it can show that a member is consistent in giving sound advice or accurate information that can be relied on as being solid, it is also open to casual abuse that can render these points meaningless if the little green bars are seen by the holder as a kind of badge of honour that they must accrue by fair means or foul, for little actual solid input.

I have six, but they honestly don't matter a jot to me, i'm happy just to be one of the gang here, and enjoy the forum without feeling the need to gather these little tic tacs like they were medals. So who do you want to be, a Stransky or a Steiner?

"Then I will show you where the green bars grow...."

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I always get a kick out of the silly little note you get when you roll your mouse over the green bars...."big ned is a name known to all"-which in this case, is actually true!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I always get a kick out of the silly little note you get when you roll your mouse over the green bars...."big ned is a name known to all...."-which in this case, is actually true!
    "....But not necessarily for the right reasons"
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I always get a kick out of the silly little note you get when you roll your mouse over the green bars...."big ned is a name known to all"-which in this case, is actually true!
    You should like them,You glorious beacon of light !!!!!!
    I'm not famous enough yet to comment anymore about the subject... }8)
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Lol Im still at one but I do not care how many pixels I have, but more so how much militaria and knowledge I have
    Ned and William you have well deserved your little green pixels

I didnt know what they were for. i thought the little green bars showed how many years you have been a member of the forum

That would make too much sense.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

As Ned posted, they are to show appreciation of a members posts, those that are considered useful, informative or otherwise helpful. It is also possible to leave negative reputation points for those who post unhelpful or uninformative comments or distasteful comments, such as racist or sexist comments for instance (you know who you are), and a recent thread about a Russian women that contained a number of distasteful comments was an example of the latter which was cleaned up by the moderators, though whether any negative reputation points were given prior to that I don't know.

I think that reputation points are subject to scrutiny by the moderators and those thought to be unfair or unwarranted can be moderated.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Sadly, Bad Reputation posts can and have been abused in the past also. The Reputation system is there only to give people a good idea if a member is reliable and in good order. It can, unfortunately, be abused, however, and it has been kicked around more than once for an idea to either modify it or eliminate it altogether. As it stands, it is about the best that can be done at the moment. I'm sure that in the future the kinks will have been ironed out and all will be as it should.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    As Ned posted, they ....
    , and a recent thread about a Russian women that contained a number of distasteful comments was an example of the latter which was cleaned up by the moderators, ............
    Missed that one, too !
    Can't believe that is happening!
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast