Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

reputation comment/like

Article about: I've had 32! WOohoooOo Ryan

Default Re: reputation comment/like

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sadly, Bad Reputation posts can and have been abused in the past also. The Reputation system is there only to give people a good idea if a member is reliable and in good order. It can, unfortunately, be abused, however, and it has been kicked around more than once for an idea to either modify it or eliminate it altogether. As it stands, it is about the best that can be done at the moment. I'm sure that in the future the kinks will have been ironed out and all will be as it should.
    I never knew there was so much to them. If i get a useful piece of information from a member, or i someone has made the effort to reply to one of my questions, i thank them. i think pleases and thank yous are much more representative, accepted and appreciated than positive or negative points. Just my opinion

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    i think pleases and thank yous are much more representative, accepted and appreciated than positive or negative points.
    Words of wisdom from a young English Lady. Bravo!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have always used the like button for everything that I have felt intriguing or helpful, but I think it is important to be able to differentiate between knowledgeable members and those who just post for the heck of it. That is why it is different than likes and number of posts one has and it is helpful in its own way.

I agree it is sad that there are people that discriminate on this forum, just because they live in a different country...

The system is open to abuse and it might be better to just scrap it IMHO, unless it is monitored by the mods (sorry if that is too much extra work for them), though as I posted I think it is monitored already.

By searching old threads on the subjects that interest you it should soon be apparent whose posts are most useful and whose needed to be taken with a pinch of salt without relying on the green icons.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

Well it's good to know now what these green bars are , but I can't stop reading there hidden meanings ! So many "Beacons of Light" . I do find a great influx of new members , who are quick to respond to a post , even if they don't have the correct answer . I guess you can call them grain of salt bars . I don't respond unless I am very sure of the answer , and I'm sometimes still wrong . But not that often , I'd rather say nothing at all , than be wrong . I wonder if I've lost any bars because of some of my removed posts , nothing racist or sexist . Just politically incorrect I'd guess , but i was in good company at least . In closing I must say this is a wonderful forum , filled with wonderful people . That I'm very happy I've found you all . You are all beacons of light !
    Cheers Chris

To sum it up:
    Soap bars, candy bars, hotel bars, rank bars, Browning BARs = Important things.
    Little green pixel bars = Not so important things.

?

I never knew how to give rep-points untill now but I sometimes see notifications that I got some. But I got them for things I really didint deserve, like posting my collection or saying nice things about other peoples.

Cheers, Pat

?

didn't think they're that important so i disabled mine some time ago.

Quote by NickD View Post
    didn't think they're that important so i disabled mine some time ago.
    I never realised that you could do this. and I have done the same.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

You can also hit the "Like" button in a comment to subscribe to a thread if you find it interesting. In case you are busy and don't have time to write something meaningful The"Like" will give you feed back from the thread in question.

Regards, Lars

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast