Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reputation Notifications

Article about: It's just dawned on me that i don't seem to get reputation comment notifications any more, not the end of the world but i like to thank people. End of moan!...

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The green bars above your avatar do not reflect any reputations that have been added by someone else. They are amassed by your post count only. If you click on "Settings" at the top right of the page, you will be able to see your latest subscribed threads as well as your latest reputations received and your total points.
    The last time this was brought up, some went wild on repping others and I believe there were a few bans as a result.
    Ralph.
    I stand corrected sir!...

Quote by slados28 View Post
    A redundant collection of ever increasing green bars following your posting volume is pointless --- therefore somewhat "confusing". Especially seeing as these green bars show comments when hovering over them seemingly alluding to some kind of reputation or status of "progress" even when these two things have NOTHING to do with each other. Reputation points are also marked with these same green bars under the settings menu --- doesn't make any logical sense = confusing.

And, maybe I'm seriously misreading you here, but was that tone really necessary? I mean, insinuating that people are stupid for being slightly confused by a feature that makes no sense/has no purpose seems kind of unwarranted...
    My apologies, it was not meant that way.
    I just don't see why it is so important.
    If you enjoy being here, whether to socialize or to learn, and you can figure out how to like or thank a post, post the photos you want to, send PM's to your friends, find the information you need, contribute in your field of interest, who really cares what the rep points mean? And maybe a better question would be, WHY?
    It is obvious that with greater number of posts, the more green bars we get under our names, I guess if we went to one of Ade's posts, we could see what the top comment or level we could achieve would be. I believe you have the ability to remove the bars under your name if you don't like them there.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, I appreciate that.

And the fact that it's not really important or significant, which I also stressed several times, is also partly the reasoning behind me questioning this feature. My point was that I can go around saying "yes", "no", "cool" or whatever a thousand times over and get my green bar "score" going without it actually mirroring any real contribution -- you could say it in some ways encourages quantity over quality.
    So, after realizing that it actually serves no real purpose as there's already a post counter in place I was merely wondering why it was there in the first place... is this some kind of feature that cannot be removed or needs a lot of work to modify/get rid of?

I just like discussing and finding out why, in general... my apologies if this was/is taken the wrong way. I'm just a curious S O B, whether the issue's important or not

I think you have hit the nail on the head, as these
    and certain other features are part and parcel of
    the program used, if I am not mistaken.

- Just run your cursor over the green bars and
    read the little lines that come up.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I am curious as I have only been on forum for 2 months how I got 7 green bars with so few posts?
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I am curious as I have only been on forum for 2 months how I got 7 green bars with so few posts?
    Not sure Rossi, but you sure are a "splendid one to behold"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Awwwww....Geeeezzzzz Michael. Bet u say that to all the collectors.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not sure Rossi, but you sure are a "splendid one to behold"

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Awwwww....Geeeezzzzz Michael. Bet u say that to all the collectors.
    If it gets me what I want!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

No free Tinnie for you.

Quote by MAP View Post
    If it gets me what I want!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    No free Tinnie for you.
    Dang! And coal in the stocking I assume as well.......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast