Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reputation Notifications

Article about: It's just dawned on me that i don't seem to get reputation comment notifications any more, not the end of the world but i like to thank people. End of moan!...

I appreciate the fact that the like and thanks buttons limit the use of posts such as the ubiquitous '+1' posts that we see on other forums which serve only to inflate ones post count.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I appreciate the fact that the like and thanks buttons limit the use of posts such as the ubiquitous '+1' posts that we see on other forums which serve only to inflate ones post count.
    Alas, we have our share of such meaningless "me, too" posts as well.

I notice that this thread again led to a few meaningless reputation points being awarded, it happens very time, DOH.

Unless you give them for something worthy they are a waste of time and space.

For useful and informative posts or for going out of your way to help someone else are the criteria I use to give them, not because a mate posted something nice or funny.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Well,anyone who does not want to see all their "greenies" can simply go to their control panel and turn them off....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I've got to agree Jerry and i didn't realise what a can of worms i'd opened with this thread!..

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Well,anyone who does not want to see all their "greenies" can simply go to their control panel and turn them off....Pete.
    +1

Sorry Jerry!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    +1

Sorry Jerry!
    Two points

1) I like having them, but only if they are given for worthwhile posts.

2) I can no longer hide them, that ability is denied to life time members. But I would not if I could, I did hide them for a long time when I could, but I chose not to for a while prior to this change. I am only sorry that some were undoubtedly given for petty reasons and not only for worthwhile posts. But that is not my doing.
    Regards,

Jerry

You prat Gunny, now I'm in trouble again...

Again I am put in a position where I have to justify my actions here, which is why I resigned a as mod and why I am leaving the forum as I don't need this sh#t anymore, sod this for a laugh, jeez, too many here who got to put the knife in, Ciao to all.
    Regards,

Jerry

Don't be a prat Jerry, its a bit of light-hearted banter - and nothing more. No-one is having a go at you. Christmas is almost upon us, and it is supposed to be the season of good-will to all. There are far more important (and terrible) things going on in this world than the misuse of reputation points. I, for one, don't give a toss whether I get any or not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast