Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reputation Notifications

Article about: It's just dawned on me that i don't seem to get reputation comment notifications any more, not the end of the world but i like to thank people. End of moan!...

To be honest, I don't think reputation points are too important. Folks know who's information is worth while & who's isn't. There are a few here who have huge green strips. But their input is next to useless. Whereas, others have none. But the info they provide is priceless. You know where I'm coming from, I think. Regards, Stewy

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    To be honest, I don't think reputation points are too important. Folks know who's information is worth while & who's isn't. There are a few here who have huge green strips. But their input is next to useless. Whereas, others have none. But the info they provide is priceless. You know where I'm coming from, I think. Regards, Stewy
    Certainly do mate !! In reality the whole system of rep points etc was completely discredited on this forum some time ago by folk abusing it to make themselves and their mates look good and elevating the quality and quantity of their contribution !!

There was a previous discussion when this happened and as far as i was aware i thought everyone realised that the system is pretty wortless due to the comprimise of it , as Stewy has said we don't need the system to know who's information is worth while & who's isn't !!

Jesus i really am sorry i started this thread now, i merely asked an innocent question and now it's lead to Jerry throwing his hand in. C'mon Jerry you don't need to be hasty about this, i for one don't want to see you go.
    Mods can someone delete this thread and we can forget about this reputation fiasco?....

I don't think this thread needs to be deleted. The point you raised was/is a valid one Gunny. I'm sure Jerry will be fine, nothing was directed at him by anyone. Stewy

Nothing wrong with the question you asked Gunny and I hope Jerry doesn't leave as i have enjoyed his input on more than one occasion.
    Steve

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I appreciate the fact that the like and thanks buttons limit the use of posts such as the ubiquitous '+1' posts that we see on other forums which serve only to inflate ones post count.
    +1

Some things just happen Gunny!!

Dont sweat, be a maverick like me
    Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Reputation Notifications 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

well Jerry im gutted to read last post and i do hope you reconsider ,us welshman are thin on the ground as it is here ,you have helped me out so many times to which i am truly gratefull and i still need to repay your kindness besides i dont think paul (Gunnery Sergeant Hartman)would like it on his conscience that maybe his thread caused this ,also im still looking forward the the 5000th post mk11 helmet tour in 2015 ,just my thoughts ,cheers james

Far more eloquently put than my poor humour attempt James.
    Can I too ask you to reconsider JB? I too have been a recipient of your generosity in a couple of dealings and your input did make you a "lifer" so hang with us misfits some more ok?

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I don't really have a horse in this race, but I would like to add, that I would view your departure as a serious loss for the Forum, Jerry, and I would hope that you would reconsider. There will always be a fair share of brown spots on the apples in every barrel, but you've always been a fair and decent member here and the loss of a dozen amadans can never match out the loss of One good member. Cut back the throttle of participation, if that would help, but stick around, Welshman! It might not always seem like it, but we Need you!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast