Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rules question

Article about: So are signature lines allowed with WANTED items listed?

Default Rules question

So are signature lines allowed with WANTED items listed?

?

Default Re: Rules question

im pretty sure this is ok.

?

It depends how long the list is!
    A couple of lines with items being sought is fine but be sensible and don't list fifty items, there is a wanted section for that.
    Keep it short and simple and within reason - see below.
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Rather than a direct "wanted" advert, it is best to just state, like Adrian, your collecting interests. Detailed "wants" are best placed in the dedicated Wanted ads section of the forum. Huge great lists and massive fonts sizes are a bit distracting and annoying.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Rather than a direct "wanted" advert, it is best to just state, like Adrian, your collecting interests. Detailed "wants" are best placed in the dedicated Wanted ads section of the forum. Huge great lists and massive fonts sizes are a bit distracting and annoying.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,

Many members of forums know that the WANTED sections are pretty worthless when it comes to results. For some reason this is not allowd to be discussed some places.

Is this forum more open to constructive critisism? If you were to pole the members and find they are dis satisfied would anything change?

If the Wanted sections really worked I'd not even be posting the question at top of the thread.

Wanted adverts always have a limited effect to some extent. The trouble is, not everyone can be bothered to read them.....But they do work. I have had sucess with them.

One of the best ways to obtain items to is talk about your interests on the forum, show your collection etc. If folks have something they think you will be interested in, I can guarantee you will get PM's!

Regardless of polls, we will not be allowing huge great wanted ads in signatures. The signature line is there for a quotation or the like. Not a huge wanted advert.

Cheers, Ade.

?

You can make your own blog and paste a link using html on the signature line
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics