MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Seller of fake SS cap wants me to delete a started thread

Article about: by SteveR I would tell him to eat \\$hit and die. Steve, I am sure you mean't to post "eat shit and Die, Mutha f#cka"

Jan
    ?

Default Seller of fake SS cap wants me to delete a started thread

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you but the seller of a fake SS cap is going ballistic about the pictures of a fake cap (he´s selling as authentic) that I´ve posted here and is demanding me to remove them immediately because he says he´s got the copyright to the photos... Without going into details about the copyright issues as he has put the cap on display on a public web auction site. I would like to know if it´s possible to delete the thread or remove the photos and if so how? What´s the general policy with photos of auction items over the internet and particulary on this site.

Best,

Jan

Deleting the photo's is easy if you are a paid member, but I would tell him to go forth and multiply.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I wouldn't be concerned, as far as I know he has no legal copyrights to the pics once he puts them out there. Sounds like he is more angry the sham has been uncovered.

If he is so interested in the law, start talking about fraud on his part re the cap and he will change his tone I expect....

?

Another dealer confused by reality or is it more serious?

Tell him to swivel!.....

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned, as far as I know he has no legal copyrights to the pics once he puts them out there. Sounds like he is more angry the sham has been uncovered.

If he is so interested in the law, start talking about fraud on his part re the cap and he will change his tone I expect....
    Hi Jan , I totally agree with the above , the only piece of law breaking going on here is his attempt to defraud somebody with his fake crap. What a complete ~~~~~~(insert you own thoughts)His pictures are for the purpose of advertising and as such are in the public domain. Leon.

?

Please post a link to the thread Jan.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    . . . I would tell him to go forth and multiply
    Jerry, don’t we have enough shysters already?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

He has absolutely no copyright on the photos. The only way he could would be if he is a professional photographer with a published body of work. Snapshots do not apply. You would have to be using the photo for monetary gain which you are not. That is if he was a pro. As mentioned before just tell him that he can explain in court that his cap is bogus and he is trying to defraud someone. He is full of hot air just trying to scare you.
    Pawel Nowac comes to mind. That bastard steals photos from everyone. Where are the lawsuits ?
    Me personally. I would tell him to eat $hit and die.

blimey guys whats going on 2 out of 4 threads drawing heavy flak.lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast