Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sideways photos

Article about: Is there any way we could have a rotation option on downloaded photos , I've gone so far as to try and load them sideways in hopes they'd rotate to the correct position ,but to no avail . Th

CBH
    ?

Default Sideways photos

Is there any way we could have a rotation option on downloaded photos , I've gone so far as to try and load them sideways in hopes they'd rotate to the correct position ,but to no avail . This seems like a common problem effecting many members , and chance this could be include in the photo options . Thanks

Agreed
    Regards MR

My experience is that this is to do with file or image size. If you reduce the size to 'medium' the image should load up OK.

CBH
    ?

That should be a fun experiment in computing , and would that effect the size of the enlarged image ?

Every time I have encountered this problem it has been because the image size has been too large. When you go to your image gallery and click on an image, you should get a box appear with multiple choices. One of those choices should be 'resize.' Click on 'resize' and then click on the size you want to reduce it to. I would take it down to 'medium' and see what that does.

I resized my pictures as medium but they were still flipped sideways. I also resized them to small to try that and they're still flipped

I had this problem too, at first.
    I've found that the easiest way to remedy it is to find where the photo is saved, right click and 'edit'. If it's the right way up when it loads, just save it separately and upload that version. If it's sideways, you need only rotate it so it's the right way up and do the same.
    It's something to do with the computer not reading the photo's rotation correctly, more common when you upload a pic from a mobile device like a tablet or phone. The editing trick works 100 percent of the time, and it only takes a few moments to do.
    I've been doing it since I joined the forum, and have a folder on my computer where I save all my WRF photos. Simple, even for the technophobes among us.

Regards, B.B.

that worked for me, thanks!