Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A Suggestion for "Rep Power" !

Article about: Just a suggestion to lighten the mood here just a wee bit. Everyone knows about the basically no function Rep Power green boxes below the member's names and the silly sayings they carry at d

Default Re: A Suggestion for "Rep Power" !

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Yes Jerry. I find the Rep points ok actually. The green boxes not so much.

Regards, Lars
    Indeed, my thought's as well, though the rep points are mostly accumulated by your post count, so if you post a lot, your rep points rise regardless of the quality of what you post.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I think this is what is referred to as the "Teutonicknights" method at times.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Bond View Post
    Indeed, my thought's as well, though the rep points are mostly accumulated by your post count, so if you post a lot, your rep points rise regardless of the quality of what you post.
    But not in the case of Andreas (HPL2008), I'll wager.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    We are now men without reputation

Regards, Lars
    I thought they had taken mine out and shot it.....

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 07-22-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Your rep points were accumulated by the amount of posts you made, not how worthwhile they are. It was meaningless. The green boxes are added to after every 100 points you accumulate as given by fello mwembers by adding to your reputation, a more worthy and meaningful 'score' if that's what is important to you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Your rep points were accumulated by the amount of posts you made, not how worthwhile they are. It was meaningless. The green boxes are added to after every 100 points you accumulate as given by fello mwembers by adding to your reputation, a more worthy and meaningful 'score' if that's what is important to you.
    Adrian, have you been tinkering with your green boxes?? It's just that when I sweep on your five they read different than any other members here who also have the same amount.

If your power as a moderator allows you to do this, may I suggest you change it on a regular basis, say monthly? How about next month, 'Adrian & Matt Le Blanc, never seen in the same room.'??

Whaddya think of that Mr.'Just really nice'???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

What can I say Ned, there is obviously a deep spiritual honesty within the forum software that picks up exactly what type of person you are via the keyboard.........!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Your rep points were accumulated by the amount of posts you made, not how worthwhile they are. It was meaningless.
    Totally agreed. Our posts still display membership status, join date, post count and little-green-rectangle-thingy-score. There was really no need for the "rep power" on top of all that.

?

How about introducing the following forms of member classification...

Bronze Class Member,

Silver Class Member,

Gold Class Member,

Gold Class With Swords,

Gold Class With Swords and Oakleaves,

Gold Class With Swords, Oakleaves and Diamonds,

Gold Class With Swords, Oakleaves, Diamonds and Chocolate Biscuits,

And finally, for those members who are really something special, and blessed with more knowledge and wisdom than ten cloned Yodas...

Gold Class With Swords, Oakleaves, Diamonds, Chocolate Biscuits and Silk Underpants emblazzened with Emeralds, Ruby, Gold, Silver, Frankincense, Armani Aftershave and a few more Diamonds thrown in for good measure (this award could also be known as the Honourary Hermann Goering Award).

Just a thought...

Regards,

Carl

?

Carl.

You need to get out more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast