Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need the likes system?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 88.89%
  • No

2 7.41%
  • I don't know

1 3.70%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Turn off the likes recieved notification?

Article about: Is it possible to turn this off? I find it quite annoying. Cheers Ben

?

Default Re: Turn off the likes recieved notification?

Ian, I think you have come on a bit strong here, your argument makes no sense whatsoever, you want people to leave the forum alone then state that Ade and the mods do a great job, yes they do, but perhaps you missed the point whereby it was a MODERATOR who raised the query and a very respected one at that, and so far all the comments made have been of a light banter from good members, no wannabees, no children, the good thing about this forum is that we as members can have a say and that if a sensible suggestion is made the Admin staff will evaluate what has been raised and either act on that or politely decline, I;m afraid that comments like yours invoke people to raise issue with you as I am doing, personally I like the like option but it would'nt bother me either way to have it removed if it was felt that it serves no real purpose, the main reasons we join this forum is the shared love of all things military, the accrued knowledge of experienced collectors and the opportunity to share knowledge and make friends whilst doing so, I consider comments like yours to be childlike and akin to throwing your rattle out of the pram, lighten up and dont take your avatar quote so seriously

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's just the notifications in my own profile I want to turn off because I think I've got PM's but it's only these "new likes recieved" notifications.
    I think the majority of people posting have missed the actual point of this thread.

Ben only would like to have the notifications turned off when he receives a 'like'. He never said he wanted the entire 'like' system completely removed. I don't know where people are getting that from?

I think having the ability in your profile to set whether you want to receive 'like' notifications is a good idea if it is possible. That way you can still be appreciated just without the notifications.

I think the "like" system is a good way of appreciating something without clocking up lot's of posts to say so, which is not good IMO.

I am not that bothered about receiving the notification for a "like", but for those it does bother, the ability to turn off the notification would be useful IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I myself use the likes system on occasion and find it a usefull tool to let other members know that something they have posted I have found of personal interest or of a funny nature and find that I do not always need to make a comment on a thread or a post to acknowledge this fact as there has been enough said already so my opinion would only be repetitive of what has already been posted.
    I have read this thread carefully from start to finish and see where Ben is coming from as a Mod or an Administrator I can only imagine that they do receive many notifications a day .Is there a possibility that we could change the notification system to show both likes received and PM notifications side by side this would allow the membership and or mods to be able to quickly determine what needs to be looked at right away and what can be browsed over later at there leisure .
    IMO it is a usefull option if not abused and would not like to see it removed .

Regards Mark K

ian
    ?

DAve im sotty it has taken a while to reply
    i think ,,you are correct
    BUT i must say that in the last few weaks ive heard nothing but complaintes and bollocks
    i , mabe ,an oinionated twat ,, but ,i love this forum and i get my back up ,
    mabe some timmes wrong ley
    but i do believe that a vote/referendom,, is the way to go
    becouse one person doese not like something
    ,,is not good inof for change
    and i stand back ,and i opologise for my ,,angry stance ,,,, to all forum members
    how i reacted to this ,was in bad taste
    but my heart was in my thoughts
    AGAIN SORRY IF I WAS TO AGRESIVE,,I STAND DOWN ,, but not in thought or belief
    cheers ian
    i olso wholey agree with the 99% to !% vote
    YEA democrocey wins
    cry babbies loose YIPPEE

?

Ian Davejb has explained the situation very well so i won't repeat his points but this discussion has been a great advert for how this forum actually operates and the atmosphrere in which a debate can take place ,
    it has been a very lighthearted discussion about a small technical part of the running of the forum with no agendas or attitude from anyone until you decided to become involved i really have to say your rant was totally uncalled for mate !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I think it is a good thing, like some of the boys have said its a quick simple way to show you agree or appreciate what others have said or done without having to write out the same thing another member already has, in most cases much more eloquently than I could do.

ian
    ?

hi Paul
    yes i agree with you MY BAD
    a lot of ranting about nothing realy
    and i apologise to all forum members for what was an uncalled for tantrum
    inexcusable behavoiur
    i must learn to think before i speek
    sorry all
    cheers ian

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I think it is a good thing, like some of the boys have said its a quick simple way to show you agree or appreciate what others have said or done without having to write out the same thing another member already has, in most cases much more eloquently than I could do.
    It is, and another nice thing about the likes is, that if i find a thread interesting and do not have time to write in it, i can just hit like. By hitting like you will have subscribed to the thread and receive the email notifications, meaning you wont have to rummage around and try to find the interesting bloody thread

Regards, Lars

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6