Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Typos on top of Forum Page

Article about: I just noticed these typos. Not really a big deal, and I hate to nit-pick (or be a Grammar Nazi... pun intended ), but I really enjoy this website and I take pride in being a member here. As

Default Re: Typos on top of Forum Page

Hi Adrian,

As what you wrote is on a message board and not verbal... I can't tell if you are upset or not.

I hope that my suggestions were not taken the wrong way... I meant absolutely no disrespect! This is my favorite website, so I just thought I'd do my part to improve it! I do realize that a lot of people who created this board/ post here are not native English speakers. I just thought I'd offer a suggestion to help out!

You are doomed Gizmo !! Your cards are marked !!!

Only joking, I think what you posted is very constructive and relevant

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

No, not upset, just pointing out that if the forum is deemed as professional, then it is down to the actions of it's members and long may that continue. If there are corrective measures that could be actioned then I hope the membership will contribute to make it happen.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Joe, thanks. I will amend it once I can find the right section in the Admin control panel. It is tricky to use.

Never be afraid to point put something which is wrong: we are all human and make mistakes and two sets of eyes are always better than one. Just drop me a PM.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can i just make a couple of extra corrections?

I would put:

"You want to buy, sell or trade militaria with collectors" instead of "You want to buy militaria from collectors or want to sell it"

and

"YES! I want to register for a FREE account right now!" instead of "YES! I want to register an account for free right now!"

I did work as a military book editor for a while, and, as my wife will confirm, I am a Special Agent for the Grammar Police

Rob

Thanks Rob, leave it with me
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes, my wife as a university professor, is a notorious grammar Nazi and rants about grocers apostrophes on a regular basis. Good job she can't read many of my posts as I'm sure they would not meet the required standard.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Many thanks!, I will do changes ASAP. Englich is not my native language, I'am still making a lot of typos
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

What to add there? Any thoughts? Also all the other corrections are very welcome guys!
    Now all the typos corrected. Thank you
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2