Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. trench art forum

Article about: Hey guys was just wondering how come there is no forum for U.S. trench art? I see Soviet and German trench art forums but not a U.S. one. Have I missed it or is it not a desired or popular f

Default U.S. trench art forum

Hey guys was just wondering how come there is no forum for U.S. trench art? I see Soviet and German trench art forums but not a U.S. one. Have I missed it or is it not a desired or popular forum topic? Just curious. Thanks for your time.

Default Re: U.S. trench art forum

Hi Jeff, not a subject that really demands one, but as always, if enough threads are there, we can create one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Makes sense,thanks for the reply Ade. It just seems like I've seen more U.S. trench art than Russian trench art. Probably because I'm in the States and have had limited exposure to European market. With the massive scale of Russian mobilization & troop deployment during WW2 I don't doubt much Russian trench art was made & exists, I just haven't seen much. I would imagine there are some great pieces out there though! Thanks again. Jeff

For some unknown reason, most Russian trench art I've seen always seems to look cruder than the others. Maybe the Russian lads in the field didn't have the spare time to put big efforts into it? Some German and US trench art, by comparison, looks like they were produced in a jewelers.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I do like the idea of a US trench art forum. It could help expand the forum to many new members.

I agree Matt.Currently this site comes up as the 9th web site result when I google searched "U.S. WWii trench art". I imagine that result # could increase with addition of a U.S. T.A. section here.Improving google result # would bring more visitors to this site & potentially new members. I realize that would require a moderator and would be work to add & maintain so maybe wouldn't be prudent or desired. Would still like to see some U.S. trench art items members might have in their collections. A good topic for a new post maybe? Show your U.S. trench art?

Quote by Rigormortis View Post
    Show your U.S. trench art?
    That would be a great way to just test the subject and see if people are interested or not.

Here is a superb little bit of WWII US Trench Art I picked up quite awhile ago. It is about an inch long and is finely made of hand carved and polished Ivory(Walrus?). It is expertly scrimshawed and has a gold metal suspension ring. The edges are beautifully smooth and gently curved. It may have been a sweetheart charm bracelet piece or perhaps even a watch fob. Either way, I've never seen another like it. It is quite likely unique. The flash whited it out a wee bit, but it's the best that could be taken at the moment.

U.S. trench art forum
    William

?

I've accumulated a fair amount of US trench art from various wars over the years, never really attempted to post it anywhere though.
    Regards,
    John

Here is another very nice piece of US Trench Art from WWII in the Pacific. A note on the back indicated that it was made in 1943.

U.S. trench art forumU.S. trench art forum
    William