Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Upside down, sideways cell phone pics

Article about: I have found a solution to the only "headache (neck-ache)" I have encountered since joining this forum. Shotty cell phone pics, poor quality, upside down, sideways. Become a real t

Hey Dimas, this issue has been here for a couple of years! not only phone pics also scanned and proper camera photos from my end resized and not! Can't be related to the new system (pic upload limit)

CBH
    ?

If your using an I-phone for taking pictures, if you crop them before uploading they come out right-side up.

Just editing them on your computer and saving them seems to put them up the right way. Sometimes when editing the photos they pop up sideways. In that case, all you have to do is rotate them to the correct orientation and Bob's your uncle. Just make sure you upload the saved edited ones, not the originals.
    It's some kind of disparity between phones/tablets and computers concerning the way they format images. Don't know the specifics or any of the technical jargon, so can't go into details. But the above method, which I've always used, has completely eliminated the issue for me. I simply save all the edited images to a folder labelled 'WRF Photos', making them easy to locate and upload after editing.

B.B.

?

Thanks for this thread! All i know is how little i sit at a computer anymore, im very smitten by these phones and in particular the beautiful pix they take. I think i have gotten the hang of posting here.

Robt.

Quote by CBH View Post
    If your using an I-phone for taking pictures, if you crop them before uploading they come out right-side up.
    I can confirm the same happens with my samsung galaxy note 8.

I did as BB says and opened the file to edit then resaved without actually rotating and it worked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3