Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

URGENT - Classified section scam!!!! FORUM STAFF NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

Article about: On the 24th I got this message here from a member with 3 posts: "Default sell hello my friend ... what do you have to sell? I'm from Brazil ... I wanted coins, medals, ammunition, cante

Default Re: URGENT - Classified section scam!!!! FORUM STAFF NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    About 4 days ago I received a message asking me what I had for sale, which I thought was odd as I don't have anything for sale at the moment...
    I had a bad feeling and didn't respond...
    cheers, Glenn
    I had this and so did james. In very bad english asking what i was selling

?

Hello Ladies & Gents the Missus had this nearly done through Ebay luckily for us it was blocked . But then you need to go through all the sercurity again & so on...So be warned..Mums the word...Loose lips sink ships...You know what I mean!!! Cheers Terry.

Yes, may have been the same person...the english was bad, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Another problem coming from Craig's list, but is not a scam, is a text message offering an item to you for free. I got it last week. I had an Ad on CL soliciting German helmets. I have my phone # listed with spaces, etc. You then receive a text message saying they (the sender) has an item from the family and if you like it you can have it for free. It then provides a link to photos on a photo hosting site, similar to photo bucket. When you open it says best viewed from a desktop computer. If you type in the link it uploads viruses and crashes your computer. Thankfully I figure it out before even getting that far. The major clue in that scam is "something valuable for nothing". That doesn't really ever happen, with the exception of passing down items from one family member to another.

The Internet is a curse!

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I had this and so did james. In very bad english asking what i was selling
    That was me lol... Can't speak England or write it lol... Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    That was me lol... Can't speak England or write it lol... Cheers Terry.
    I knew it! Right...Blocked

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Very true, if ever i sell an item i always courier it or drop if off and just use the excuse that "i am in the are". I also dont tell anyone who knows my address when i am going on holiday. I'm not a very trusting person to be honest
    when ever we go out we leave the security of my stahlhelm relics to blondi
    Regards James

Another member has contacted me as he had an email from the same person: "lewistellflol@gmail.com".

We have no one listed as a member here with this email address.

My advice is to ignore and delete any such offers and to report them to myself or any of the forum Moderating staff.

Thanks to all for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,

May be a good idea to post a sticky at the top of the for sale section with either a link to this thread or just a brief "ignore these e-mail messages" post, just a suggestion, as I don't want this guy to rip off anyone here -- or he'll never stop!

William Kramer

?

Can someone please explain how the scam works?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast