Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

URGENT - Classified section scam!!!! FORUM STAFF NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

Article about: On the 24th I got this message here from a member with 3 posts: "Default sell hello my friend ... what do you have to sell? I'm from Brazil ... I wanted coins, medals, ammunition, cante

Default Re: URGENT - Classified section scam!!!! FORUM STAFF NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

docRoe was also posting recently an absurd thread showing the tops(and nothing more) of 2 M-1 helmets with the question "are these genuine"?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

If anyone has been solicited by DocRoe here on the forum please let me know.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If anyone has been solicited by DocRoe here on the forum please let me know.
    The member is currently online and has just posted in the paper items forum. A very bland post entitled "German letters", with an attachment or two.

Regards,

Carl

?

Yes, I saw that one Carl but unless anyone has a specific complaint about a member which they can communicate privately I can't do much about a member posting.

I like the idea of the 50 or 100 minimum post count before being allowed access to the classifieds...a crooked member will soon be weasled out if he/she posts 100 meaningless posts just to reach the magic number.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Very true, if ever i sell an item i always courier it or drop if off and just use the excuse that "i am in the are". I also dont tell anyone who knows my address when i am going on holiday. I'm not a very trusting person to be honest
    Not being trusting person is the best thing to do i think! Especially when you have items worhting big $$$ in your house! What i do to protect my collection is order for an item in another address than i keep the rest of my items! So noone knows the exact address of the house my items are stored!

DocRoe has message myself also, same content re what I have to sell.
    The funny thing is this question has been posed to members all over the planet and not any one general location.Maybe his/her questions are quite innocent and he/she is just a little naïve ..............................or maybe not.
    Only a thought.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

To be honest, if the above mentioned member was trying to pull a scam wouldn't he be contacting people who were actually selling something as opposed to sending speculative emails to random members who aren't selling anything? Hard to pull a scam if no-one is selling anything isn't it..............?

?

i think DocRoe might be a young collector & English may not be their first language but unfortunately they're not doing them selves any favours by posting poor threads with little or no info & not taking the advice given which means they'll never get the full use of the forums wealth of knowledge.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5