Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

USB microscopes

Article about: Just wondering what if any type of USB microscope people might be using, looking for a cheaper one if thats possible.

EK2 (Normal zoom):

USB microscopes

EK2 (Normal zoom - CamerFi App):

USB microscopes

Soviet Order of the Patriotic War (Normal zoom) #1:

USB microscopes

Soviet Order of the Patriotic War (Normal zoom) #2:

USB microscopes

Can you set your software to a larger photo format , for example 1600x1200 ?
    That gives more depth to the photos.

With the phone app (Android) - 'CameraFi' i found you could not raise the resolution. There was a resolution setting but the only option was 640x480. There may be other phone applications that can achieve this though.

With the PC software you could go up to 3264x2448. But if at a show, then you have to lug about your laptop.

If i find any other phone software i'll post another reply to this thread.

Nick

Smile

I never thought about these things. Having read this thread, Which I found fascinating, I think I shall treat myself to a belated Christmas present.

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the help guys, i may have to get a late Christmas gift myself.
    Cheers

Good review , HoundsTooth ! Biggest hurdle after acquiring a scope is interpreting what you are seeing .

I have tried one from a friend. Easy to use but not many pixels.

As i am also an experienced photographer and already have a macrolens and tube lenses with my camera i bought a Raynox macro conversion lens to go even further.
    It gives me the same magnification but with the resolution of my camera, for me it's more versatile to use as i can also stack images to get more depth of field.

For fairs a usualy take a triplet magnifier with me, small, light and handy.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ZGS Collector View Post
    I have tried one from a friend. Easy to use but not many pixels.

As i am also an experienced photographer and already have a macrolens and tube lenses with my camera i bought a Raynox macro conversion lens to go even further.
    It gives me the same magnification but with the resolution of my camera, for me it's more versatile to use as i can also stack images to get more depth of field.

For fairs a usualy take a triplet magnifier with me, small, light and handy.
    Old thread I know. I have a Sony @6300 with a dedicated F2.8/50 macro lens. Since getting this I have rarely needed the USB. Only in very special situations. A good camera and macro lens lets even a terrible amateur photographer like me take nice crisp macro photos that can then be cropped and expanded to achieve excellent results.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Old thread I know. I have a Sony @6300 with a dedicated F2.8/50 macro lens. Since getting this I have rarely needed the USB. Only in very special situations. A good camera and macro lens lets even a terrible amateur photographer like me take nice crisp macro photos that can then be cropped and expanded to achieve excellent results.
    This is the key i think - a good macro lens. I have a relatively old Canon EOS400D, but no macro lens. I'm intending to purchase one as from what i've been told it makes a huge difference to close up photos.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

You must have a tripod. And ask the pros which type of macro lens works best with your camera bodt for what you want to photograph.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast