Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Watermarking your pictures

Article about: Hi Guys, if you want to protect your images before uploading them on the forum, then you could try the freeware program, Image Watermarker, that is simple to use. There are many programs tha

Default Re: Watermarking your pictures

Hello !
    Tried to download it and realised it wont work with a mac
    I have to find one that work with my comp

Frenchy

Ade, interesting application, which I shall try to use in future...however it is most annoying when as in several of the above posts, the watermark is applied directly across the ''featured'' item masking detail/and confusing the eye, especially when placed, say, across a decal for evalueation !....can members place their marks in less conspicious areas of their photographs, say, across the bottom or top.......or does that defeat the object ?

Hi Steve, you can juggle around with the placement of the watermark. It does need to be careful and thoughtfully positioned or it does indeed defeat the object of posting a pic in the first place.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade for this.

Here is my first attempt.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Watermarking your pictures  

Interesting piece of software.
    I use pictureshark myself but this seems to be more userfriendly.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, you can juggle around with the placement of the watermark. It does need to be careful and thoughtfully positioned or it does indeed defeat the object of posting a pic in the first place.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,

Are you of the opinion that they should all be watermarked?

I understood from the rules on signing up that all pictures become the property of this site at least if you own them or that permision has been granted and/or credit given if you don't?

If that is the case do you have a standardised watermark that is to be adopted for this purpose or can it be automatically added when you post?

Regards

Jock

Hi Jock, it is entirely up to the individual if they wish to watermark their own photos. Personally, I only watermark original prints which I share on the forum to prevent theft of them.

It is possible for the forum to install software to place a forum watermark over all pics, but I would not wish to do that. I know what it says in the quasi legal blurb, but in reality, ownership belongs to the poster.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you for posting this.very helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2