Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what happens if you forget you password?

Article about: I spoke to a former member while I was on holiday who appartently was a member here but logged out while changing laptops and could not recover there password,every known word was tried but

Default what happens if you forget you password?

I spoke to a former member while I was on holiday who appartently was a member here but logged out while changing laptops and could not recover there password,every known word was tried but just kept useing up the 5 log-in attempts.when requesting password by re-entering there user email address they were supplied with a link that supposed to allow you to reset but instead just takes you straight back to log in again so basically going round in circles with frustration they even tried the "contact us" at the bottom of the page which they never heard anything so is there a way because this poor bugger has given up on us lot here at WRF........Jake.

I think it is the easiest way to contact a moderator and I hope they can solve the problem.

I don't want to tread on dimas's area here ,but is it not the case that you just "press" the I've forgotten my password button and you get sent a new one to your e-mail address?? Maybe , maybe not, i'm not sure. Leon.

well leon your kinda right except when you go to emails it states by clicking on this link you will be sent a reset for a new password but this does not happen apparently you end up back at log in with no change whatsoever and you cannot contact a mod because you have to be logged in for that so back to the beginning again......

I know it's annoying to hear and, yes, I'm sure you'd like to kick me for saying it....but, I Always keep a notebook in the desk drawer with All of my passwords, user names and website addresses on it-Just in case....Not much help for the present problem, I know, but it sure will solve any Future ones like it from happening again!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    well leon your kinda right except when you go to emails it states by clicking on this link you will be sent a reset for a new password but this does not happen apparently you end up back at log in with no change whatsoever and you cannot contact a mod because you have to be logged in for that so back to the beginning again......
    Mmm , I think we will need to wait for Dimas to sort this one out then! Hope it is rectified soon for your friends sake! Leon.

Thankyou will I AM for your input and yes I do write everything down and the sooner chuka dimas turns up and resolves this mess the better for everyone involved,sorry bout the punt guys no harm meant i know everyones trying there best thanks for your help.............Jake.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I know it's annoying to hear and, yes, I'm sure you'd like to kick me for saying it....but, I Always keep a notebook in the desk drawer with All of my passwords, user names and website addresses on it-Just in case....Not much help for the present problem, I know, but it sure will solve any Future ones like it from happening again!
    We pretty much agree.
    Myne are on a PDF document, in the cellphone.

?

I need to have @-mail, which is associated being register, or the username, or at least IP address, if not, unfortunately I can't help
    Anyway, the great help is to add your real name to appropriated fields
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Why not just register again ?