Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Why are people so paranoid?

Article about: I much prefer folks to use their real names where ever possible. All the serious collectors here tend to sign off with their first names. I do find it a real turn off when I help people with

Default Re: Why are people so paranoid?

Jason and Terry have mentioned two good points, as there are many members who
    have the same names - my own being possibly the most common - We can
    refer to each other as 'Oradour Steve' or 'SteveR' etc. This along with an
    avatar makes a person more memorable, to me at least, and also
    the Forum system/program will accept each unique moniker.

What confuses me is when avatars get changed - I then cannot remember who that
    person is, because I had become familiar seeing their name along with a particular
    logo, photo or symbol, and in some cases, I imagine the avatar photo is the
    actual likeness of the individual.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    In another forum that was Third Reich focused, I met Bormann, der Obersturmbahnführer and even the Reischführer. My point is that this business of hiding behind a moniker is a common feature of all forums--or seems to be. And I'm just curious to know why? Thanks again to both of you for answering. Dwight
    Hi Dwight,
    You should notice (I hope) that no-one here is allowed to use a 'nazi' type name. Any member that joins and chooses a name that might glorify the regime or a particular personality is politely requested to change it. You do find most people here know each other on a first name basis but I agree, I prefer communicating with other members by their real name rather than their username. However, it's their choice and I respect that some choose not to identify themselves (for whatever reasons).

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I hear what you're saying,Dwight! I've always felt silly saying things like "That's a nice original battle flag you have there, "G-String Snapper" "(or whatever name the person lists themselves as!) I've always used a abbreviated version of my actual name, but have always still signed out as "William",in any case. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference, I suppose. One person here I've communicated with for some good while now and even Purchased items from Still has never told me their name. I just figure that if they want to-fine. If they don't, that maybe they have a personal reason to not want to, is all. And, No, Steve...that is Not my actual photograph in my avatar...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lol - cute and cuddly.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I hear you to Dwight.
    I would rather say thank you John over thank you tigertank666 for example any day.
    Far more personal I feel.But each to their own I guess.
    My first name is in my sig. box for all to see.
    My full name for the record is David Reid.
    Good topic Dwight
    Cheers mate.

My name is Sebastien,i'm french,my french departement mailing code is 76.....
    So i'm sebfrench76,hehehe...

Not much to ad!
    Everything as been said!And I agree with most of them.
    Sometimes when I see a message to me starting with "hello stuka f" I wunder; who the *** is "stuka f" ??
    But I do use that name on most fora I am active in since I started on the internet (many years ago!).
    And mostly sign with my name; Kris.That is short for my real name Kristiaan.And I added a small personal touch by using two key's in the first letter"|", "<"; makes |<!
    I started using a nick name because I was told to do; in the "old days"!.
    I do use my full christian name "Kristiaan" on every new fora I start since over a year.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

My name here is from the ancient days of my Medal of Honor: Allied Assault career. I liked "Oberschuetze Krieger" so I kept it throughout every game and forum I ever used after that. I thought about changing it, but I figured that a lot of you already know me as 'ObKrieger', so why change it? Most of you know and address me by my first name anyway, so it's kind of a neat tool to keep track of whoever reads my threads.

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Sometimes when I see a message to me starting with "hello stuka f" I wunder; who the *** is "stuka f" ??
    But I do use that name on most fora I am active in since I started on the internet (many years ago!).
    And mostly sign with my name; Kris.That is short for my real name Kristiaan.And I added a small personal touch by using two key's in the first letter"|", "<"; makes |<!
    I started using a nick name because I was told to do; in the "old days"!.
    I do use my full christian name "Kristiaan" on every new fora I start since over a year.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Stuka is his middle name...........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

On the bike it is! "Crazy" would be my first name then!!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast