Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Why are people so paranoid?

Article about: I much prefer folks to use their real names where ever possible. All the serious collectors here tend to sign off with their first names. I do find it a real turn off when I help people with

Default Re: Why are people so paranoid?

I much prefer folks to use their real names where ever possible. All the serious collectors here tend to sign off with their first names. I do find it a real turn off when I help people with just a username and they reply just with this. I too am old fashioned and prefer a personal approach.

But I do understand that some folks due to "PC" considerations and their jobs prefer not to use their full names and we need to respect that.

I do agree about the avatar. Which shows how strong an effect an image has on the mind: if someone changes this it really throws you!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My username is sandgroper because here in Oz Western Australians are called sandgropers! A sandgroper is an insect about 80mm in length that burrows through the sand. Our state covers an area of 2.5 million square kilometres of land and there is a lot of sand and sand gropers here. My real name is Dave, there are about 5 of us here that I am aware of and my last name is Brown, there are about 5 million of us world wide!

I use "Larissa" as my screen name. This is the name I use in our living history group as it is close to Lesley in Russian. But I never use my first name in full, only my Mum still does if I have been naughty! I have always been Lez.

Ade's wife in real life. That is me in my avatar.

Cheers, Lez.

?

Quote by larissa View Post
    Ade's wife in real life.
    Ade Stevenson I hasten to add, not me.

(To avoid confusion!)

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi

great point. I use spandau but that's a nickname I was given by my collecting/re-enactment friends over 25 yrs ago. Most people know me by that name in thgis community so it's kind of second nature for me to answer to that name.

I also sign my posts with my real name...tony. the nickname comes from a play on words on my surname "vickers" as in machine gun.

So my real name is....oh no I've outed myself !

Anyway..to quote Kirk Douglas "I'm Sparticus !"

cheers

tony

Just got in from work and check the forum as always to find this topic at 3 pages.

After reading everyone else's I thought I might as well explain my name. Many years ago I wanted to play combat flight sim online and when it got to login I needed a username and though, what's my favorite german jet, the He-162 'Salamander' or 'Volksjager'. Well before I know it I had a heap of people calling me 'Volks' ,as well as other things, and it kinda stuck. I am the same username on every forum, club etc and its even on my car license plates for those of you in Perth. And my avatar pic, well that never changes, I agree if people change em I dont know who they are for awhile, lol. Mine is the very first decent German helmet I ever owned, and still own to!

I do prefer to call people by their real names though, especially once you know them well.

Jason

There are some cool explainations on this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...-name-20374-9/

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wait, I don't understand, what was the question?

At my age I have nothing to hide and even less to prove. . .
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 03-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Hi, I'm Grant Reimers

Mmmmm, well I've been "Reynard" online for many, many years - stems from my mechanical engineering undergrad days in the early / mid 90's when I was doing a project sponsored by Reynard Cars.

It's much less of a mouthful than Witolda Maruszewska.

And yes, that is me in my avatar, together with one of my lovely cats.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast