Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1944 Navy Dagger

Article about: Mud in any case is not clear for me Vadim. However, I will study your replies/images... I greatly appreciate your time tending to all of our inquiries on this forum. Regards, Richie

pjm
    ?

Default Re: 1944 Navy Dagger

Navy uniform styles are universal. The dirk and belt patterns also tend to be similar if not identical save for minor variations from country to country.

I have a bronze double lion head sword or dagger belt buckle that was recovered from a Napoleonic battle field. The design goes back to ancient Roman times.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1944 Navy Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    This is the pattern of 1943r - No lock until 1948r if I recall correctly...
    Lock was introduced in 1945 and went into production in late 1946.
    I am proud to show mine, not marked ZIK (but made by whom? Dim? ) with it's original "under the skirt" belt...
    All daggers were manufactured at the same plant. From 1941 - 1943 it was no manufacturing marking and year of production. (Please see on the left). In 1944 they start putting ZIK (ЗИК) and year on it. In April of 1944 plant was divided into two and in 1945 - 1946 marking was IMZ (ИМЗ) and in the end of 1946 these two plants were merged together again and manufacturing mark was returned to ZIK and remain unchanged until 1973 despite the fact that plant itself changed names several times during that period.

Year or serial number was never engraved on the daggers. Please see the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Navy Dagger   1944 Navy Dagger  

?

If you disassemble yours like such I probably would be able to tell little bit more about the one you have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Navy Dagger   1944 Navy Dagger  

?

with it's original "under the skirt" belt...
    This belt was manufactured between 1948 and 1955. Some certain signs indicating that perhaps its' first half of fifties.

Vadim,

Which "certain signs"?

While we are this subject, I recall seeing in the past a belt that was brown in color - Would that have been the pre-1948 type?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

I recall seeing in the past a belt that was brown in color - Would that have been the pre-1948 type?
    Brown in color was M49 belt for Air Force dagger. On pre 1948 or rather pre 1947 lion was very sad and had ears. From 1947 trough 1955 it was more aggressive
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Navy Dagger  

Vadim,

It seems to me that you have shown parade belts in metallic cloth - which were exposed whilst wearing the parade "jacket".

What about the belt that was worn under the "jacket"- pre - 1948?

I say "jacket" as I do not know the regulations that daggers would be worn with either the service uniform and the parade uniform. The dagger was worn at times with the service (five button) "jacket"?

There should be a difference though, correct?

Pardon me for perhaps being unclear in my usage of bad grammar , but I am certain that you are able to figure out my inquiry...

?

What about the belt that was worn under the "jacket"- pre - 1948?
    Single picture is always better than thousands words.

Absolutely...

Many thanks.

?

Clear as mud?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast