Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Admiral of the Fleet Tunic and Hat

Article about: by kewo and it is from the 1960's ( no exact date yet) I would very much like to hear the explanation to why the uniform has three rows of buttons instead of four - which admiral uniforms ha

Default Re: Admiral of the Fleet Tunic and Hat

Quote by kewo View Post
    and it is from the 1960's ( no exact date yet)
    I would very much like to hear the explanation to why the uniform has three rows of buttons instead of four - which admiral uniforms had at that time and until 1990s. See my post where I added an extract from the 1959 regulations.

Also, can you please post a close-up of the sleeve insignias. I stand by the opinion these look extremely sloppy. Same goes for the collar embroideries, which appears to be separately added pieces rather than sewn directly on the collar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Admiral of the Fleet Tunic and Hat
    P
    Many

?

ok ill add some soon

Thanks for all the help.. it seemes like it is a fake .. my refrences said nothing about that strangly.. one of the expert should know as hes former Norwegian inteligence officer.. anyway.. faking is big buck these days it seemes.

?

Maybe a silvered lining for this clouded set of objects ?

I assume we are now looking at Admiral Gorshkov, and not Admiral Golovko (whose widow lives on, with the Blessing, and so might be thought of as not quite "was" yet). This is good, not only because the rank is now possible, but also becasue I do not think Admiral Golovko did ever chose to wear тужурка! At least, I could not find an image of him so uniformed.
    :-)

More seriously, Admiral Gorshkov was ....
    - not a submariner
    - did not receive the decoration for the defense of Leningrad
    - did not live and was not stationed in Murmansk and would be quite unlikley to have a beloved tailor there.

The various decorations are not really a good match for Admiral Gorshkov. Many of his are not shown, and some shown were not, I believe, ever awarded to him.

I am thinking that perhaps the basis for this attempt at a uniform of the Admiral Gorshkov was made from the effects of a well-decorated submarine officer who served in the North and/or Baltic Fleets. Perhaps if one cannot return the "assembly" to the seller, one might inquire about the real source of the items. Even without such infos, the list of submarine capitans is not infinitely long, and one even might go one-by-one and see if the set of decorations match to some one.

You may find an interesting story, and get a more realistic result for your collection.

- Frayer

P.S. : 3-pairs of buttons ....
    1959 - http://www.vedomstva-uniforma.ru/forma1959/tab30.jpg
    1969 - http://www.vedomstva-uniforma.ru/forma1969/ris24.jpg
    1973 - http://www.vedomstva-uniforma.ru/forma1973/ris26.jpg
    Last edited by Frayer; 08-23-2010 at 03:44 AM.

?

Many thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4