Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Naval Engineering Officers

Article about: Dear Colleagues, 1. Can anyone please tell me the range of functions or duties of these two kinds of naval officers in the era of the war against fascism : инжен

?

Default Naval Engineering Officers

Dear Colleagues,

1. Can anyone please tell me the range of functions or duties of these two kinds of naval officers in the era of the war against fascism :

инженерно-корабельная служба - shipboard engineering service - gold hexagonal погоны trimmed black, with silver crossed axe and adjustable wrench branch insignia and stars - I assume the officers from the engine-room and ship's services (electric/water/etc.) - but what about navigation, communications, gunnery, torpedo, fire-fighting and damage-control and so on ?

инженерно-береговая служба - land-based [naval] engineering service - silver hexagonal погоны trimmed black, with gold crossed axe and adjustable wrench branch insignia and stars - I assume repair and overhaul, communications, perhaps mines and ammuntion - and what other?

2. There appears to also be another denomination of naval engineering : инженерно-техническая служба - [naval] engineering-technical service.
    This one really confuses me. It appears to apply before and after the war (possibly with different meanings), but not so much during the conflict. I have seen 1952 regulations specifing a separate branch insignia - a three-bladed propeller superimposed over a toothed gear. I cannot precisely determine where the officers of the инженерно-техническая служба served, performing which functions and bearing what branch insignia(s), and in which years.

I especially wonder about the denomination used for naval officers at shipyards, weapons, munitions and equipment constructors and similar manufacturing locations.

3. The land-based components of the navy seemed to have adopted army ranks in about 1943. Example : капитан 3-го ранга --> майор. Can someone be more precise on when this change was ordered?

Thank you very much, in advance, for any assistance.
    - Frayer

P.S. - A response can be in English and/or Russian (or even French) - whichever is easier for you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Naval Engineering Officers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Naval Engineering Officers

1. All the technical fleet personnel, who are repairing and adjusting any of the devices,weapons etc.
    and the same about coastal service.
    2.инженерно-береговая служба- coastal- ingeneering service based on special services as air-force, coastal artillery etc, which is not belonged to the ship and floating service ( weapon repairment, vehicles, radio and optics etc). They wear white field straps with the branch service color ( red for coastal artillery, blue for airforces)
    Постановление СНК № 2591 для морских сил РККА от 22 сентября 1935 года.
    Объявлены приказом НКO № 144 от 26 сентября 1935 года.
    I will add the army major's rank comparision only - Военинженер 2 ранга - Voeninzhener vtorogo ranga
    Звания высшего командного состава ВМФ и всего инженерного состава корабельной службы ВМФ, объявленного приказом НКВМФ от 9 мая 1940 года.
    Ranks of the command team of the navy and technical branch of the navy, stated by the order of Peoples Comissar of the Red Fleat, by Mai. 9, 1940.
    Инженер-капитан 3 ранга - Ingineer- captain of 3 rank for the non-floating team ( navy coasytal service as harbor and repair service)
    And coastal-ingineering not a fleet belonged service as coastal artillery, airforces-Инженер-майор, Major - Ingeneer

As same as from order of NKO of USSR , № 304, October, 23 .1943 year

The order of NKO № 216 ,October,31, 1944 year was update the ranks for all the naval air forces, for the personnel who has military college education (non academy)
    with word after the rank " авиационно-технической службы" for example майор авиационно-технической службы which means major of avia-technical service
    So, the golden field on the straps is both for technical and non technical personnel of the floating team.
    Silver field for non floating team, but working in the fleet supply on the coast ( ships repair, ship armament repair, radio for ships, etc) They had the navy ranks.
    Coastal service as coastal AA, coastal artillery, air forces etc, had own branch color and non navy ranks
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Dear Dimas,

Thank you very much for your kind reply,

- Frayer

Yes Dim - thanks.

I have wondered about this subject many times.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!