Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents

Article about: Hi all, Can anyone help me put the pieces of this puzzle together? My confusion is the following: Navy Officer with the Capture of Berlin medal Captain 2nd rank without gold leaves on visor

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents

Sincerely, pictures in natural light are needed to confirm (I like Sevastopol and Odessa looks very worn).
    Can you give the dimensions of the Guard badge ??

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents
    P
    Many

?

Hi all,

Finally some pictures in natural light. The dimensions of the guard badge are:

3,25 cm by 1,8 cm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents   Navy Officers uniform + medals + documents  

Dom
    ?

IMO the two medals are original (although Odessa shows wear on some details).
    The Guard badge looks good in spite of the sizes that you give .

?

Thanks Dom!

My measurement tools are far from professional so it might be a mm more or less. Are these navy guard badges hard to find? Can't find any on the Internet... What do you think of the medals?

Thanks!

Dom
    ?

When asked the dimensions it is necessary try to be precise to avoid having a negative response. There are some books that provide information on these badges.
    I gave my opinion on Odessa and Sevastopol, they seem Ok for me .

Hi,
    Dom reason for the navy guard badges must be the exact dimensions. At first glance, it seems to me that this is a copy because the finish is not great on the reverse.
    For the defenses of Sebastopol and Odessa, I also think that they are copies.
    Even if one takes into account the wear both medals and similar wear a lot, but a lot of scratches. They are awarded in both 1944et we can not say they were much worn in combat since the war ended in 1945.
    The ring of Sebastopol is not centered, the nose should be straight and sailors on the medal he is hooked, the star below the ring is slurred. We do not see the 'net' in the circle around the medallion.
    The Odessa also has its ring is not centered. I find it too the letter 'H'. The letters of the words "ЗА ОБОРОНУ ОДЕССЫ" are too flat.
    It is only my opinion, but I think there are two overmoldings. The ideal would be to have the hands to give a final opinion.
    Regards.

Dom
    ?

Hi ,

the ring is not always very centered on the medals. There were several different matrices for Odessa and Sevastopol that the Russians collectors approve as authentic.
    Every medals has its own history with wear and patina different.

For the Guard badge, I still think it is genuine, the piece is coherently for me .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2