Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?

Article about: Hi everyone I was told this tonic was from a Russian navy captain of the coastal service (artillery or anti-aircraft) and it is the same style as one from WWII era. However there is no maker

Default Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?

Hi everyone

I was told this tonic was from a Russian navy captain of the coastal service (artillery or anti-aircraft) and it is the same style as one from WWII era. However there is no maker mark that can be found around this tunic. Only number "58" and some letters on the back of the buckles. The color of the buckles are silver but not the common gold one. One shoulder board has number "16?" on its back. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?
    P
    Many

Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?One more pic here, Pleas help thanks.

I believe that is correct. It appears to be of the proper wartime style, but wait for other opinions as I am by no means an expert on these.

Unfortunately, the shoulder-boards (not the rank stars) are poorly made fakes - and they are incorrect for a tunic with silvered buttons as they should have silver lace with gold stars.

See here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/rkkf-...3-year-285204/
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hi RichieC
    Thanks for your info and link. As you said the color of these buttons were wrong, however their marks seem were real post war ones. Maybe they were replaced by someone later??

?

The tunic is M 43, but straps are modern and not fakes, the are made for cossacks etc. The buttons are for tech and admin services, you can look white laced straps on the sticked thread in this forum. I'am sure the buttons placed not original to the tunic. 58 on them show the year. The tunic itself I suspect is a circa 50's made
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?
    Regards,
    Dimas

Hi Dimas

I really appreciate your great help. The most similar one I have in hand is as below. However they are much later era's straps. Not sure should I put them on this tunic??

Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?

It looks like the shoulder-boards shown in the first post may be fashioned from this type. I have come across this in the past.

Notice the poor quality job of trimming the upper corners of the lace - and also, no attaching tongues (on the former)...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?   Original early post war Russian Navy officer tunic with shoulder boards!?  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

No this straps is modern, you need to find at least some kind of this boards, which are not cheap

Or this, but you need to change then the buttons to the yellow color

Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast