Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!

Article about: Hi everyone Not sure if this one an Authentic navy admiral tunic or not. Maybe WWII or early post war. Please advice thanks.

Default Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!

Hi everyone

Not sure if this one an Authentic navy admiral tunic or not. Maybe WWII or early post war. Please advice thanks.

Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!
    P
    Many

Anyone can help me please! I bought this tunic but need to identify if it's original. Thanks a lot.

There are some brown stains around this tunic. Not sure what kind of cleaner is better. Any advise will be appreciated thanks.

Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!

High ranking items are not my specialty.

Tunic is OK for me. Buttons seem original also. The shoulder-boards may or may not be as they are reproduced in quantity. However, as with all the fake junk out there being purveyed as original, they are not artificially aged.

You can try removing the buttons and shoulder-boards and soaking the tunic in a mild solution of chlorine bleach and warm water for an hour or so and line drying it. Most of the time results are not a great success. I have heard of something age-old call "bluing" but have never tried it...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

PS - It is always in your best interest to ask questions FIRST - BEFORE you buy.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hi Richie
    It's so nice to see you here again. I really appreciate your clean instruction and inspection as well.
    As for the shoulder boards, actually the other one is not in good condition. The "wool red heart" was gone which might be caused by moths. Please see the pics below for the detail.

Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!

Hello,

If their is no stamp and if the tunic looks strong I will recomend to wash it soft with a whitener. That said I will not take the button off if they are orriginaly sewed on as they pertain to the tunic and it is best o keep it in its orinal state.

For safety purpose you can also bring it to a Dry clean place and ask for their advice. It might be the easiest and more reliable source of information as they will tell you what they can or cannot do

Best regards

Bruno

Hi Bruno
    Thanks a lot for your kind reminding. I think you are right. I should try to find a professional cleaner first before I clean it by myself. The reason why I hesitated to do that was because I was not sure if this tunic original. However Richie told me this tunic should be fine.
    I got it for $100 since its condition is fair only. Thus I was not sure if it's worthy to spend more money to find professional one to clean it, thanks again.
    Sincerely yours
    Kevin

Pleasure,

Anyway, the question to the dry cleaner will not cost much : )
    And this will be good advise

When it is cotton, this is not big deal. When it turn to whool this become mandatory

All the best

Bruno

Hi Bruno
    Thanks again for your kind help. Do you know is there any way to repair the shoulder board which might be damaged by moths ? thanks.

Original Russian Navy Admiral tunic?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast