Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1600th Century helmet on Ebay

Article about: Gadzooks Baldrick!! (Or in this case, ye Dave) I take thou's heathenly threat with great worrye!! As for what is in their gnarly hands, methinks the word 'pizzle' rather than 'pyke' is more

?

Default 1600th Century helmet on Ebay

Hi there,

What do you think about this helmet on Ebay? Could it be ok?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Cheers!
    Last edited by 3 DSK; 09-18-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Default Re: 1600th Century helmet on Ebay

It's.....GONE!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

?

no sure if real or not but copies of this type of helmet are being made in India ?

No way o.k..... Beaded edge done on forming rolls (note the edge crease), appears to have been MIG or TIG spot welded and the stamp N?S 231 points to a movie prop with a probable inventory number. Oh yeah, and the leather liner has been machine stitched.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

you must be careful with e bay some times i buy from e bay germany and i buy some things good

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    No way o.k..... Beaded edge done on forming rolls (note the edge crease), appears to have been MIG or TIG spot welded
    Ned, are you telling the community here that the Roundheads didn't have MIG welders?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Im not saying its a fake, because i own a pair of Ghenkis Khans plimsoles that i know are totally genuine and he used them to climb the Steppes because his wellies were being washed

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ned, are you telling the community here that the Roundheads didn't have MIG welders?
    Ha! Ha! I can tell you that they come running around on a shoot I'm a member of just up the road from where I live at a place called Boscobel House two or three times a year loosing off their cannons and muskets and getting pissed up at night and singing and shouting in a crappy kind of 'Ye' and 'Thee' fashion. We've had major run in's with the buggers for scaring off the pheasants more than once, they may have the armour but not the bottle i'll tell yer, bunch of poofters!! They go by the name of 'The Muddy Knot Society' or summat equally anal like that,.... and Iateum!!

Rant over, Ned.

?

I hope ye are not talking about the splendid old gents in pantaloons and doublets who parade around with theyre pikes in theyre hands commonly knoweth as Ye Olde Sealed Knot society, forsooth they portrayeth a tyme hence gone by through these many years, such statements will see thy body hung drawn and quartered and thy head displayed at the Tower, Heresey is a crime against the crown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast