Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet

Article about: Hello everyone I've been looking for an unmolested mid 50's Mk 2 HSRAC for quite some time but they don't come up often in Australia and the ones i've seen online either had issues or were o

?

Default 1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet

Hello everyone

I've been looking for an unmolested mid 50's Mk 2 HSRAC for quite some time but they don't come up often in Australia and the ones i've seen online either had issues or were overpriced. This one was a little on the expensive side but I'm pretty sure its all original so I'm happy with it. The net was purchased from Aaron a little while ago and added. The liner is CCL made and the shell is ROC, am I correct in assuming this is Rubery Owen Co. Ltd?

Any comments welcome

Alex
    1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet1955 Mk 2 HSRAC tank helmet

?

Beautiful conditioned model, I have one of these with a similar date as your's but is nowhere near as mint as yours, very nice indeed. The net really does top it off nicely too.

Thats a very nice example of the British MK2 tank helmet to add to your collection.
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-21-2015 at 12:14 AM.

i can only agree with gary on this one ,a very nice mint rac mk11 i have a feeling the chinstrap might possibly be a later addition but dont quote me on that ,thanks for showing ,the net really does compliment it well

?

Thanks for the comments guys. I have been hunting this one for close to a year and was such a good feeling when I got it in hand. I have to agree the net makes the helmet and was definitely worth adding it. Not sure about the chin strap - it isn't marked at all. I found this one on Ebay UK - The postage was almost as much as the helmet. I'm starting to develop a bit of a helmet wall now. Might have to take some pics for you guys - don't worry James it doesn't come close to matching your collection.

Alex

great stuff alexcrikey i didnt realise you had looked over a few helmets from my collection,i have to admit i most definately have an ocd and this shows through my headgear collection ,i need help before its to late manythanks james