Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 Adrian helmets for review.

Article about: I have had these helmets stored away for many years. And I would appreciate any information helping to identify them. Thanks J

Default 3 Adrian helmets for review.

I have had these helmets stored away for many years. And I would appreciate any information helping to identify them.
    Thanks J

3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.3 Adrian helmets for review.

The one with the red insignia is a M26 Adrian with a rather strange rivet -combination, that i have never seen before, i thought they could indicate a modified liner configuration, but the comb has the same rivets, so that calls a lot into attention. The liner is definetly atipical, i guess its a modification. The insignia stands apparently for ARTILLERY, but no idea where its from, or if it is original.

The second one with the lion insignia is a classic WW1 french M16. The insignia is from Belgium, but might be a modern add on, as it does not adapt too good, but i´d need better closer pics to make a proper diagnosis on that.

the last one looks like a classic M26 Adrian similar to the first one, with the also classic 2 rivet- configuration on each side. it looks very shiny, could it have been barnished? Liner looks ok for this model. Cant say where it comes from, as i dont know this insignia, but its surely european..

Its just basic info i am sharing with you, but i hope i was still helpful..

Thanks for the quick reply! I also do agree with you the 1st one is very interesting and the rivet combination is strange. But with the liner it does seem very old as it is some sort of fabric and leather band. I'm not to sure about the insignia as i have never seen one too. And yeah i think the last one has be varnished at some point. Thanks for your help it has been helpful

I more or less agree with danhasman. The first helmet is *very* unusual, I have never seen rivets? bolts? like that on an Adrian crest before. I do suspect that the liner may be Bulgarian or perhaps Czech, it has characteristics of both. Very interesting thing.

The second, with the Belgian lion - I agree with danhashman, the lion does not sit right on this helmet. I believe it is a later addition. The lion badge would be much smaller on a genuine Belgian M16, and would sit flush to the surface of the helmet.

The third helmet is perfectly normal, however. The badge on the front is for the 'defense passive', the civil defence organisation that existed in France in the mid-20th century.

Yes, the last is one DP, défense passive, but the paint is too bright, a new one?
    For the first, not a CZ.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks for the information guys much appreciated!! The first one still baffles me haha, will get some more pictures up when I can.

First have added a spanish artillery collar badge (metallic grenade over red felt...about 1950-60)...is not correct to wear that badge...just an adittion...