Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

75euro ? too much or just right?

Article about: Came across this helmet model M26, its about 75 euro's (dollars???) I would like to buy it, but is it worth for that price? Opinions please I also checked some sites out, but if you guys kno

Default 75euro ? too much or just right?

Came across this helmet model M26, its about 75 euro's (dollars???) I would like to buy it, but is it worth for that price?

Opinions please

I also checked some sites out, but if you guys know a bit more about the history of this helmet I would love to hear it.

75euro ? too much or just right?75euro ? too much or just right?75euro ? too much or just right?75euro ? too much or just right?

Default Re: 75euro ? too much or just right?

I'd wait for a better example. The decal is a fantasy.

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    I'd wait for a better example. The decal is a fantasy.
    Yes I notice that part, but the helmet itself is not worth? Seems like the liner and all is original though.

These examples differ in price range quite alot. It's a fair price but I'd wait for one that hasn't been messed with. It's postwar painted as well.

i quite like this one hellschickie ,forgive me if im wrong magicdutchman but i always thought the post war paint was more of a dark green also it doesnt have the post war insignia bracket ,these are the more desirable model yes and rarely come along ,i would definately purchase it but i might be tempted to haggle a bit on the price ,nice avatar pic by the way magicdutchman here's my example with the front bracket i think i paid 30 pounds british sterling 75euro ? too much or just right?

Quote by col james View Post
    i quite like this one hellschickie ,forgive me if im wrong magicdutchman but i always thought the post war paint was more of a dark green also it doesnt have the post war insignia bracket ,these are the more desirable model yes and rarely come along ,i would definately purchase it but i might be tempted to haggle a bit on the price ,nice avatar pic by the way magicdutchman here's my example with the front bracket i think i paid 30 pounds british sterling 75euro ? too much or just right?
    Yes I also read that, about the non bracket ones were more desired . But what about picture upfront? its kinda weird fantasy pic or am I wrong? I can't find any documentation about it.

?

I don't think it is a bad asking price, if you can get some money off it could be a good deal. I always thought that the mustard/brown colour is the pre-WWII period colour. If you are looking for one, you could regret not purchasing it in the future, you can always sell it again. The decal is fantasy, and would probably come off. These are nice additons to any collection.

Steve.