Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

afghan war SSh-68

Article about: just to share this rather salty soviet war in afghanistan bring back ,the outer crown shows some heat damage but internally is where the majority of the wear can be found ,the crown paint ha

A nice example of a "cone head"!....

many thanks for posting your fine example Battlegear i never realised you had one and how interesting to see the same alterations to the chinstrap terminations too ,i notice yours also has the liner pads intact like mine ,i was always under the impression the liner was the first thing to be removed but as it was designed with extra headwear in mind why not leave it,well im really pleased to see another one for comparison ,is that a spare cover tucked away inside or just packing for comfort ,thanks again , james
    Regards James

thanks paul sorry mate i was busy typing ,ive a slight ocd for these cone heads as youve probably noticed
    Regards James

your correct James, thats a Russian camo cover that I have stuffed inside the helmet, I keep it there just in case i need to use it for display so it stays with the helmet, the helmet was brought back by a US soldier that found it in Afghanistan, it also came with a green knit beanie cap.

afghan war SSh-68afghan war SSh-68

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks gary im fond of the soviet design and well worn ones even better ,i would of posted this in the soviet headgear section but for some reason i dont get much interest on my items over there so i post here instead where there is a bigger following from world helmet collectors like yourself
    since it's an Afghan war used helmet, it goes better in the World Steel Helmets forum, just like the steel Eastern block helmets used by Iraq or Israel, Egypt, etc, those helmets also fit better here even if they were exported from eastern europe.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    since it's an Afghan war used helmet, it goes better in the World Steel Helmets forum, just like the steel Eastern block helmets used by Iraq or Israel, Egypt, etc, those helmets also fit better here even if they were exported from eastern europe.
    That's a very good point BG, and I really like your example with the Russian camo cover. I am curious what is the official name for the camo pattern too?

thanks for showing more detailed pics of the cover battlegear you have some real nice lids in collection ,is this the dubrok pattern ? if thats the correct pronounciation ,and i agree with this section being the best place to show these exported or war trophy bringbacks ,the beenie hat sounds interesting i couldnt believe the owner reliquishing this item willingly so can only imagine his fate
    Regards James

thank you

Im not sure what the official name of the camo pattern on my helmet cover? but I think it's a Soviet woodland pattern made for the mountains & desert, since it has tan, brown, black camo [no green]

I really like these Afghan war bring backs, since these have probably seen action in the war zone, not a common surplus helmet, but actual battlefield pick ups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2