Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Unique M1

Article about: Hello gents, finally i got this unique M1 shell. Although it's already in relic condition but you still can see some interesting feature on it. Just one word i can say in here. Rivet, rivet,

Exclamation Another Unique M1

Hello gents, finally i got this unique M1 shell. Although it's already in relic condition but you still can see some interesting feature on it.

Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Just one word i can say in here. Rivet, rivet, rivet and rivet.
    It's really interesting this shell was modified with the using of rivets so the using of separate liner like the normal M1 no deemed necessary. Like the South Korean M76 / M80. Maybe this is the older brother?
    And the rivet on the rear it's asymmetric.

Another Unique M1
    Rivet in close up

Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    It's interior. It's really interesting how the inner liner was installed. And i think it'll be hurt when the head touching with the end of rivet in the sweatband.
    And it's really interesting how the inner chinstrap is installed. A bit crude in my opinion. You can see the screw too.

Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    I have M1 fixed bail rear seam in manganese steel, now i have the swivel bail front seam in manganese steel too.

Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    The remain of swivel bail base.

Another Unique M1
    Comparison with the more famous brethren. The M80 regarding the rivet for liner emplacement. You can see it's higher. And it's really interesting when you watch closely, on the front of the helmet you can see a single unused hole on it. Maybe the soldier once want to put the liner in there but decide to put it more upward? Or it's used as ventilator?

Another Unique M1
    With the original WW2 M1 shell. Lower as you can see.

Another Unique M1
    Comparison with the other unique M1 i got. The liner is more lighter and higher in emplacement.

Another Unique M1
    Comparison with the other beast. The fixed bail, rear seam.

Talking about unique M1 in here. These is examples i got from the internet
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Exact circular hole on top. Maybe the liner once installed in there is using British style liner?

Another Unique M1
    It is me, or the picture or the M1 helmet in there is too long compared with standard M1.

Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    Another unique similar M1 helmet. Or could it be this is different helmet? What do you think?
    Anyway all of the soldiers in here is military cadets.

Another Unique M1
    Another Unique M1
    From sideway .... single rivet on it's side.

Another Unique M1
    Could it be the helmet above is like this helmet?
    And could it be these helmet is the infamous M1 made by China? Another Unique M1

Hope you like it gents.

the first rusty helmet with the hole looks like they probably use to have a badge or rank insignia on the front, not for ventilation

the odd shaped helmet in the color photos does look a lot like a Chinese GK80 type export helmet

Ah i see, that's possible too.

Ah thank you! Never realize that helmet is chinese one.

Absolutely fascinating! It's clear that South East Asia is a real hot-spot for unusual helmets. My feeling is that a lot of them are 'cottage industry' rebuilds and modifications done by quite small producers in small quantities. Or then again, maybe not! Anything I say about it would be a wild guess.

What I do feel confident about though is that you would certainly tell the difference between an M1 shell and that Chinese copy - the Chinese feels lighter, and every one I have seen has those very distrinctive pressing faults that you can clearly see in my photo.

Indeed sir. So many unusual and still unanswerable helmets in here. I still can't find the background about that SSH-60 helmet either or that black stahlhelm.
    But the problem is, with so many unusual modification, it's not easy to find original composition helmet in here. Whether is cold war era helmet and even the world war 2 vintage one.

I see.

?

Another very unique piece,many thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more modified helmets as and when you obtain them.

Your welcome sir. When i find another modified helmet i'll share it asap.