MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone know where this M1 Helmet is from?

Article about: I got this helmet off Ebay recently, some people I know think its from post-war Belgium, but aren't 100% sure. Anyone know for sure where its from?

Default Anyone know where this M1 Helmet is from?

I got this helmet off Ebay recently, some people I know think its from post-war Belgium, but aren't 100% sure. Anyone know for sure where its from? Anyone know where this M1 Helmet is from? Anyone know where this M1 Helmet is from? Anyone know where this M1 Helmet is from?

?

Default Re: Anyone know where this M1 Helmet is from?

Not US made. I can't tell you where it is from. Sorry.

Yeah I didn't think it was American, but it only cost me about £30 with postage so its not too bad :-)

No it doesn't have any markings on the liner, nor on the shell. It does look almost identical to the links you posted, so I think it may be a match! Thanks.

I believe it is Norwegian. With a possibility of Danish. These particular M1 clones have a distinctive green liner made in Denmark, and those most often seen are usually ex-Norwegian military. The Norwegian and Danish M1s are virtually identical and the only possible way of distinguishing them is by any makers marks, which are absent in this case. The shells were made in Germany or Austria, and the liners in Denmark.

Thanks for the info Greg!

Having thought twice about it and consulted a good reliable website I now believe this to be Norwegian, as the netting is much broader gauge than the Danish version which has smaler holes and finer cord. That's assuming the net and the helmet are an original mating, of course.

Greg Pickersgill