Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Argentinian M-1

Article about: I was quite pleased to finally be able to add a Argentinian M-1 to my shelf a while back all thoughts and or opinions are most welcome.. Argentina started production on the M-1 in the early

?

Default Argentinian M-1

I was quite pleased to finally be able to add a Argentinian M-1 to my shelf a while back all thoughts and or opinions are most welcome..
    Argentina started production on the M-1 in the early 1960´s the helmet's total weight is approx 1.250 grs, (shell 900 grs and liner 350 grs).
    This particular example should be dated from the mid to late 70´s, and as best I can tell the shell bares no "FM" mark and or heat stamp..
    The liner is manufactured out of fibreglass; with the hard to find "FM" stamped sweatband and Riddell type cotton made suspension with fixed flat headed cooper rivets and all looks in the right configuration for an example from Malvinas war .
    The camo cover; is a wartime IMARA (Marines) woodland type one, dated in 1982 as indicated by the contract number.
    ARA marking on cover label means Armada de la Republica Argentina or Argentinian Navy..
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    It came with a very nice un-issued flat green jacket detachable hood, that were officially used as a helmet cover as well...
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    The other two Covers are as follows:
    Argentinian made woodland, army and Patagonic camo to be used in arid zones that I have been informed are one of the rarest Argentinian made cover.
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1
    Argentinian M-1

Regards Mark

Thumbs up Argentino M1

Excellent finds, thats a hard to find Argentinian M1 set with some rare camo covers

here's a photo of a soldier with the New development the Argentinian Assault Rifle 5.56x45 mm

wearing same type of helmet without a camo cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argentinian M-1  

?

Many thanx BG an Argi M-1 in this configuration has been on my helmet list for a long time and I am very pleased with it..

Regards Mark

A lovely example mark ,well done ,the covers make it all the more special

?

Thanx James now to try and source a period correct net which I find are just as hard if not harder to source than than the Argi M-1 itself..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argentinian M-1   Argentinian M-1