Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Argentinian M1

Article about: This is my latest acquisition, a rear seam Argentinian M1 from the Falklands war era. It came as a lot, with the 7.62 cases and a Royal Navy anti-flash mask. The Mitchel cover is stuck to th

Great helmet! the helmet is a local made M1, from the army. The cover is home made. I researched the name and the vet is alive, in the war he was a warranta officier ( suboficial mayor- sargento ayudante ) with the logistic batallio 10th, they were stationed close to the airfield. They worked indoors, mostly in vehicle reparation, that can explain the good shape of the helmet. Great great helmet!!if you need more info let me know!

Quote by polihelmet View Post
    Great helmet! the helmet is a local made M1, from the army. The cover is home made. I researched the name and the vet is alive, in the war he was a warranta officier ( suboficial mayor- sargento ayudante ) with the logistic batallio 10th, they were stationed close to the airfield. They worked indoors, mostly in vehicle reparation, that can explain the good shape of the helmet. Great great helmet!!if you need more info let me know!
    Wow

I tried to search him a couple of times in the past.
    Fantastic info thanks a lot.

That helmet has seriously never been dismantled until today, and I have had it since I helped myself to it on the Canberra. I hand picked the helmet from scores of them, and tried to pick the best.
    I knew he must have at least got back because we dropped him & a few hundred more off at Puerto Madryn.

Do you have any idea of the value on something like ebay.

I imagine I should have sold it in 2012 but I was not awake that year.

Actually I do have some questions.

Do you know what if anything the cdo stands for inside the helmet

So when I sell it, how do I describe it? as a Argentine made, and tell me does that make it more or less desirable.

I have plenty of provenance, my medal Argentinian M1

And do (did) have some more things, others lost in time, a green leather bayonet holder and a small bayonet that looked like a spud pealer. Gone for the price of a pint years back.

But somewhere I have a Argentine officers approval type small stamp in a small silver case, about 3" long by 1" wide by 1" high
    I know the name off heart subteniente Gustavo andres

And I did have a mint Belgrano matchbox, very rare, until my Ma used it to light her fags and then my lad aged about 9 thought it would be a great idea to cut it up with his play scissors after he found it hidden in a cupboard.

I have it but it don't look too well.

I think listing it as argentine type M1 helmet, from Falckands war will be desirable. Please let me know when you list it.

Default Argentine helmet with netting & wide inner tube band

here is a photo of Argentine soldiers during the Falklands War, notice the soldier with the netting and the wide piece of tire tube as the helmet band?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argentinian M1  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4