Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Argentinian M1

Article about: This is my latest acquisition, a rear seam Argentinian M1 from the Falklands war era. It came as a lot, with the 7.62 cases and a Royal Navy anti-flash mask. The Mitchel cover is stuck to th

?

Default Re: Argentinian M1

Very nice example Andy, I can confirm that Argentinian manufactured M1's do have distinctive weld marks on the underside of the rim, I have a few in my collection. It is quite common to have US front and rear seamed Shells matched up with Firestone liners, but I was not aware that the Argentinians used Mitchell covers,so that is very interesting information.

Congrats on adding this fine example to your collection.

?

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice example Andy, I can confirm that Argentinian manufactured M1's do have distinctive weld marks on the underside of the rim, I have a few in my collection. It is quite common to have US front and rear seamed Shells matched up with Firestone liners, but I was not aware that the Argentinians used Mitchell covers,so that is very interesting information.

Congrats on adding this fine example to your collection.
    Thank you Opex for the kind words. Thank you too for the weld information, and if you do find the time some pictures would be interesting to see.
    It would seem that Argentinian made shells have other differences from the American produced M1's too that I have recently found.
    Steel Combat Helmets - Militariarg.com

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argentinian M1  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

No worries Andy your welcome, I will dig out my Argentine F1's and take some detailed shots of the welds, and post the pics up.

?

I've been searching the intertubes for hours looking for an original set of goggles for this helmet. From what I know, the types used by the Argentinian military at the time of the Falklands War were firstly the French "Sanbuee" type, the Argentinian made "Fravida" 109 type,(thanks col james!) and the good old American SWD type. The American Sun Wind Dust type are easy to obtain, but failing a trip to Buenos Aries, the others have completely eluded me.
    Pics of the French and Argentinian types below, the top one is French.
    Does anybody know where I could get these?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argentinian M1   Argentinian M1  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

The mitchel cover was used by some units of the argentine army in the Malvinas war, they were US surples, as the stamped X notes, speciallly with the Infantry regiment 25, wich was some kind of elite unit.
    POli ( from Argentina )

?

Thank you poli, that is very interesting indeed.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

If interested I can get you a pair of sambuee gogles, send me an email
    polihelmet@yahoo.com
    Cheers
    POLI

?

Quote by polihelmet View Post
    If interested I can get you a pair of sambuee gogles, send me an email
    polihelmet@yahoo.com
    Cheers
    POLI
    That would be great! I have an ad for them in the wanted section.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi & hello to you all.

Can anyone here give me some more info on a Argentine Helmet from 82

I know for certain it is genuine from a Argentine survivor in the war, I always presumed it was ex Vietnam but that was only because someone said it at the time and it sounded credible enough.
    First time in 33 years the thing has been taken apart to photo.
    Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1

And as it was before I got curious after reading here and took it apart (thankfully it went back together )
    Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1Argentinian M1

Hopefully enough there for someone to tell me what type of lid I have.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast