Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Aussie issued M1

Article about: Hi Guys, Not sure where I should post this one, so Mods, if it's in the wrong section please move it. It's an Australian army issued M1, I picked up a long time ago from a mate who was in th

Default Re: Aussie issued M1

Ahh Cheers Nick great link thank you

damm seen one for sale cover and helmet 30bucks but i got a dutch eastindies helmet instead.

?

Yep!!!!! There the ones!!!!!

Actually, bugger, I had one! Where the hell did I put it! Even made by the same company....I remember now....I was part of a trial that formed a new HQ group, just before Somalia (we all thought we were going, we didnt) and we got issued the "good" kit, new webbing etc and these helmet covers....we felt special!

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    ive got one the same name in side blackwell and on the side of the liner cat.No.8415.50.753.5792 but on the inside of the head band is the arrow stamp . but i put a 1969 mitchell camo cover on it. but if u find a aus cam cover for it, from what i was told there was not to many made for the m1 aus helmet because they changed to kevlar. with a aus cam m1 cover to me would be a nice item i seen one for sale a while ago a should have got it.
    Until fairly recently, I had this one covered in a minty Mitchell cover..
    I would love an Auscam cover to complete it properly.

Brad.

?

That is a hell of a helmet Nick

Brad.
    Last edited by Lidman; 09-22-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Until fairly recently, I had this one covered in a minty Mitchell cover..
    I would love an Auscam cover to complete it properly.

Brad.
    the cover i looked at then, worked out to be off a kevlar helmet that someone had stuck on a australian m1. went back to get it for you but thats when i worked out it was not the same as the one in brendons collection.

?

Very nice lidman,I have yet to add one of these M1 variants to my collection,thanks for showing it!

very nice example lidman ,is it my eyes or is the rim more pronounced than on the us m1

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice example lidman ,is it my eyes or is the rim more pronounced than on the us m1
    hi cooljames i think there are just a little bit more flared out. and these shells have 12 round spot welds. on the inside of the rim with 2 each side of the rear seam. and 3 round spot welds on the bails. the chin straps are more thicker to. ive been trying to find out more on the liners of the australin m1. but i come across a few over here. most i think were made late 70s but i know they were used in veitnam. but not shore if the army used australin made m1s or US. but our army as far as i know used them right up to the late 90s.

I have posted this one before but it's germane to the thread-Aus M1 with 'home made' camo cover-Auscam shirtback, scrim and shredded sandbag and Auscam bits attached.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie issued M1   Aussie issued M1  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast