Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

Hi all
    Glad I can finally add this pair of Austrian M75 "Kradfahrer" or despatch riders innenhelm to the collection!!
    Both are in unissued condition, one is mint!!! the other has suffered some storage scuffing, and may have also been displayed or tried on a couple of times (tell tale is the damage the arrangement of buckle "teeth" literally "biting" through has caused when closed !!) in use this would have surely meant terrible fatigue on the strap as the "teeth" nearly cut through the soft leather every time it is fastened!!
    These are both stamped RM 82 on the leather liner lobes (and possibly marked on the plastic liner itself under the foam padding in the dome!!! as I have a curious plain combat type M75 liner marked RM82!!! this would explain that anomaly ... as it could be made from liner stock earmarked for "Kradfahrer" innenhlms!!! (not been brave enough to attempt a looksee ...yet!!!)!! these are in a size 56-58 and have white cross banding as apposed to the green on the standard combat M75 liner, the headband also has two bonded together neoprene padding strips (to take up the differing space in the three different sizes between the liner and headband), the leather rear valence has a flap for holding motorcycle goggle straps in place by means of a popper fastener, the rear of the liner is drilled through and two plastic hollow vent rivets have been affixed, these two "Kradfahrer" innenhelm seem to exhibit what I would take to be a real design/ manufacture flaw...... in that the overlap of the plastic headband is at the front!!........
    This would surely most uncomfortable in wear!! (just a brief try on was enough to bring about a headache.... although my mahoosive head is quite a tight squeeze in most of my collection!!!!!) perhaps this was the reason for these two being unissued/rejects in the first place!!????
    your thought's on these much anticipated....thanks guys.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75  

Fine helmet here in this hole thread gents !

the RM maker of these Kradfahrer helmets denotes the firm
    "Romann" of "Mureck"

Austrian M75.

Here for all of you a very nice pic showing the first time helmet net n use.
    A very nice mix f US and austrian gear also !
    Enjoy !

Hi all
    And thanks for the info and cool pic Bernhard!!!
    Well Austrian Stahlhelm 1 fans!!!
    This year for me certainly started with a BANG!!!!
    As I now have added another RARE "10" lobe M75 liner to the collection!!!
    The seller had quite a few standard M75's all with interesting late type nets with differing scrim from white cotton sheet snow camo to shredded M75 green cloth ghilly camo!!! all on buy it now's!!! and at about the top price I would pay for a standard model!!! but I spotted this "10" lobber , in amongst the others!!! and after the usual "count" the lobes 10-15 times!!! to be quite sure it was true!!! snapped it up!!!!
    Like Greg's pair.... my new example has the "cork" spacers between the liner and headband, HBA dated 1976.... and all the liners .. both my two and Greg's two are maker marked M.P. Frankenburg and also dated 1976!!!!! so I think I'm right in saying... so far... this is the only maker/date (apart from the 1965 dated M58 Kradfahrher I have!! see pics of yellow webbed crown banded example ) that would seem to have this RARE "10" lobe set up!!! makes me wonder if this was a case of simply using up left over Kradfahrher leather "10" lobe liners!!?????
    also!! for another thing...... I couldn't help but notice that the rivet's that secure the liner in place are an odd colour to the plastic liner themselves!!????!!.. now it just so happens I had to hand the "TRIPLETS" my RARE Bundeswehr M56 Zweiteilige M1 clones... like you do!!! and did a little comparison on the colour of the Early Bundeswehr helmet paint colour and the Austrian M75 "10" lobe liner rivets colour!!!... well I think the pics say it all!!!!!! looks very much to me to be a match!!!!!!! so now!!.... to me this more than suggests that the design of the "German type" M75 leather liner... would have originated.... as in the early German M60 also with "10" lobes leather liner.... from there!!!!!!!!!
    The shell that came with it (bonus item really!!) is a re-finished in an odd M75 olive-ish sand textured paint M58!!???? (seems to have a shine to it too!!??? see pics also see pics of M58 grey paint under the flaked off overspray..)
    and an unusual helmet net scrim configuration!! well for an Austrian helmet anyhow!!! I would have said it was a Dutch, Danish.. Belgian even net... and brown Jute/hessian with green paint on some strands scrim!!! as I have never seen Austrian army pics using this type before!!??? anyone know any different please let me know!! or I will just put it down to a miss-matched militaria item... or even down to the old chestnut.... of U.N. forces swapping/ borrowing camo from other U.N. nations!!!!?????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75  

?

Hi,

If its interesting to this discussion, I have an M75 with matching Sch liner and shell. The liner also has a 92 ink stamp on the leather, while the thermoplastic is dated 81.

Oli
    Last edited by Ocad; 06-04-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Any pics Oli!!???

?

Hi, sorry I meant 96 not 92.

Austrian M75  

Another helmet of the ÖBH, (here), manufactured by Romann, Mureck.
    Liner manufactured by Ulbricht`s Witwe, Schwanenstadt.

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

liner dated 1976

Austrian M75

Here´s another Bundesheer M1 lid, (a combat medic´s pot).
    Maker: U.SCH. 57
    (Ulbricht`s Witwe , Schwanenstadt, and, the year of manufacture)

Interesting the, (unmarked), liner of the helmet, (rank: Offizierstellvertreter / Warrant Officer)
    As far as I know, such rank decals were used only until 1978.

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

The Bundesheer, ("semi-official"), -helmet cover:

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast