Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

Hello autromunga,

Congratulations! I like them! Very cool post!! Thank you for sharing this! I have also one or two MP helmets in my collection. I am not sure if I have a yellow or a white stamp!!! So this would be another variation!!

I cant decipher the last number of the year looking at the black stamp on your helmet. It could be a 75 or a 76. The 5 has this typical arch like a 6. So perhaps I would tend to say it`s a 6. I think it could be black ink. Perhaps they used white and yellow paint and also black ink? I can imagine how this went on. The guy who was controlling the helmets had no white/ yellow paint for one or two days so he used black water resistant ink as long as he was supplied by new paint. This would show some coolness within this process.

At this time when Metaplast were producing the helmets manufacturers stamps on U.SCH. helmets were already yellow. I don`t know if this was "compulsary" (Vorgabe) by the military. I remember having red the VTL`s (Vorläufige Technische Lieferbedingung) on german steel helmets and almost everything was precisely planed. Even manufacturer stamps were precisely specified. Contents, color, size, .... I really wondered about so much sense of duty. But this unfortunately led to less variants to collect within german Bundeswehr-helmets.

I hope I can find my MP helmet with the yellow marking. I remember the german Schuberth helmet for the Bundesheer in 1986 had a white stamp inside. U.SCH. had till production ceased yellow stamps.

Again, very cool post!
    Many Greetings
    Martin

Quote by James C View Post
    Hi Paul and hope you are well my friend ,i have made contact with a great Gentleman in Norway who helped complete this Norwegian m58 to whom sent the net including the coloured hessian too ,i picked up the water bottle on a recent family holiday to Amsterdam and Helminator in relation to your question the liner came complete with the helmet and so i share these pictures but hope it doesn't digress too far from the original posting subject matterAttachment 1119530Attachment 1119529Attachment 1119528
    Hello James,

thank you very much for your additional pictures! It`s a nice Haeren (army) example! I like it. I think the company who produced the liners was danske plast. Here we see a danish product! Which is really difficult because they almost bought everything from outside! Unfortunately danske plast did not marked its liners.

Many Greetings
    Martin

Looking forward to seeing your MP-F Stahlhelm Martin
    Particularly the yellow paint stamped example!!

ok so in relation to my last post of Metaplast made shells...

quote, PS the eagle eyed..might notice something about all the liners??

From the photo sowing the liners......did anyone spot the liner lobes I wonder!!?????

Yes.....they are all the rare "10" lobers!!! and strangely all 1974 dated!!!(I just cant seem to resist picking these up whenever I see them!!!!)

I have also now added two more to my collection of Metaplast made liners...(my latest one has a replacement adjustment lace...in Black......as opposed the more usually encountered white !!)

So..... from this evidence I have to conclude that Metaplast made a batch of liners first in 1974...and then again in 1976!!!

The M75 story continues!!!!!!.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75  

Excellent Paul ,i really should post up my liners to the thread all have the 9 lobes but a range of dates
    Last edited by James C; 10-15-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks James... post away mate....always great to see some more of your collection!!!

?

Austrian M75

Austrian M75

Very interesting posts. I love the covers on the Norwegen helmets. The 10 lober liners appear to be more unusual than the 9.

This is a 9 lober I posted in January. I thought I would post. it again as I was able to secure the pea camo jacket from the same source. The hood of the coat is missing and I would assume that it was cut off for the helmet cover... shame it is long gone.

Just to add my Austrian Grouping including my M58 to the thread Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

?

Fantastic lineup James, especially the interior shots. The Erbsentarn looks very effective.

?

Austrian M75

Austrian M75

This little gem was an absolute bargain and is a ‘73 dated Sch shell with an unmarked 1960s liner. The helmet also has an interesting elasticated band clipped on and the Federklammern. Not bad for “a few quid”.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast