MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

?

It would make sense to press the 1000 helmets into service and it wouldn’t suprise me at all. I mean look how they managed to keep those old M1s in service for so long.

Yes it is interesting and also suprises me that the stainless steel rim was adopted, especially considering its problems on the M1 and how that was changed in 1945. I wonder why they didn’t just use that steel rim.

?

I was thinking about the 1st pattern fibre liners. It appears that some were maker marked and HBA marked (either on the shell and/or webbing) but some not. The ink markings seem too strong to have worn off and in hard to rub places. I am starting to think that those unmarked liners were perhaps the first issues.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi all
    As discussed in my M58 thread...

I picked up another "10" lobe liner for the collection
    This one is another early MP-Frankenburg 1974 and seems to have had very little use!!.....as the white lace as used in all these "10" lobers is still bright and fresh!!!
    It exhibits the cork spacing washers between the liner and the headband mounting ring....
    I thought it had a miss-stamped HBA mark too...but it could just be erroneous dirt!!?? ..as it comes off easily when prodded with a digit!!
    And...I was happy to discover.... stamped under the leather.... is the full makers mark HE* T-74!!!! only one of my other "10" lobers has a partial stamp..the rest have all but faded!!
    Now...onto my next quest!!!..... who is this mystery maker!!???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75  

I think I've bought an M75 liner.......but hey, what do I know.......

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

?

Yes indeedy! A good olde M75 liner. The second to last liner version used. Interesting that it has a 1981 approved leather liner in a 1984 dated shell.

Thank you. I actually wasn't certain of it's origins when I committed as I was lured-in by the exterior paint-job ("WACHE" with broad white band)....I guess the Painted Helmet Siren was singing again!

...and hey, now I'm in one of the largest gangs....The M75 Crew......

Welcome to the M75 club Compo!!!
    Would like very much to see the painted "wasche" finish on the outside!!

as requested......at least I know it's Austrian.....

Austrian M75Austrian M75

?

Fantastic liner. I have a similar one but a much earlier model. Very nice indeed.

?

An other, early stamps

Piotrek

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast