Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

belgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lids

Article about: here's my belgium trio showing the variations of the jigsaw cammoflage from the 1st generation to the 3rd on my composite shuberth enjoy james

?

Default Re: belgium 1st 2nd and 3rd jigsaw pattern lids

Your welcome mate, I prefer the first camo version myself, I have a Para smock in the first pattern, not worth much sadly, but a classic all the same.

A couple of questions James and Opex but are all second pattern covers centered seamed?also when was the MLLA1 first issued to Belgium?also when did they replace it with the French M71?......sorry for all the questions..............

evening jake .on the questions fire away mate ,from what i know the covers apart from the composite type were just jacket hoods ,but i have seen double seam examples too , i believe belgium first adopted the bundeswehr luftlandestruppen helmet in 1971 ,and in the late 1980's introduced example's with the french liner and chinstrap arrangement as seen on the french f1 i hope this helps in some way ,im hoping opex will chime in as he is better clued up on casques ,thanks james

Thanx james I was going to get another from the same seller as before even though he's had a lot of negative feedback but at the price its difficult not to be tempted as elsewhere there so much more in cost,but as my last one arrived from this seller without the return clip and no comment from the seller im stuck with this dilemma,must have a think indeed,cheers anyway mate..............

?

Quote by James C View Post
    evening jake .on the questions fire away mate ,from what i know the covers apart from the composite type were just jacket hoods ,but i have seen double seam examples too , i believe belgium first adopted the bundeswehr luftlandestruppen helmet in 1971 ,and in the late 1980's introduced example's with the french liner and chinstrap arrangement as seen on the french f1 i hope this helps in some way ,im hoping opex will chime in as he is better clued up on casques ,thanks james

Thank you for the compliment James, and you are right about the issue dates I believe.

The Belgiums did have a Jigsaw cover specifically for the M51 which is the three piece cover.

See link for details.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 51 :.

There is a French based seller Jake ( not sure if it's the same one) who has a stock of the M71, but the postage rates are a killer.

Ironically my quests for 2014 being an M71 , and the designated M51 Jigsaw pattern cover

thanks opex and yes you are correct about the seller but still cheap in respect of other website sellers,again though you take a chance on what you buy as once in hand there's little or no chance to giving back!!!!!!

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    thanks opex and yes you are correct about the seller but still cheap in respect of other website sellers,again though you take a chance on what you buy as once in hand there's little or no chance to giving back!!!!!!
    No problem Jake, I assumed so, and yes he is cheaper than other on-line sellers I have contacted. From what I recall the French based seller's helmets "appear" to be present and correct, but of course as you said it is a big chance,and potentially expensive too!!!!!

Regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2