Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Belgium M-51

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors. Here's a fairly nice condition Belgium M-51 from my collection. It has an early COGEB/ABL liner,the marking is very faint,and could not be photographed. Interestingly i

?

Default Re: Belgium M-51

Quote by battle gear View Post
    nice used example of a Belgian M-51 , I need to add one to my collection

the military repaint makes it more interesting, shows it's been used and is part of the history
    Many thanks for looking and for your praise BG,very much appreciated.

I hope to get to the bottom of the liners original service usage!

Regards.

?

Hi Fellow Collectors, here's another example from my collection I thought you might like to see for discussion.

Regards Opex.

Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51

Great condition, it looks like it's been stood on a quartermasters shelf for years!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great condition, it looks like it's been stood on a quartermasters shelf for years!..

Many thanks for the praise Gunny, the liner most certainly not match the condition of the shell, but another classic M1 clone for the collection.

Thanks for looking, Gary.

?

Update.

I have placed a Jigsaw Patterned hood, onto my early M-51, as I have seen reference pictures of these hoods in use, and thought you might like to see the results, regards Opex.

Belgium M-51
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belgium M-51  

now that looks superb opex ,well worth doing ,the rubber band looks great too ,for comparison can i add mine too ,you know i think yours could be my examples long lost twin Belgium M-51Belgium M-51Belgium M-51

?

Hi James, could be my friend. Is your cover a hood or a purpose built cover with a drawstring.

I used a hood of a Belgium 1958 model Paratrooper Smock, which I assume was used in this fashion?

Belgium M-51

thanks opex ,no drawstring under the innertube ,just a jacket hood like yours ,i believe designated the m56 jigsaw pattern great pic by the way ,cheers james

?

Many,many thanks to James for supplying this Belgium Brushstroke material which I have used on one of my M-51 helmets.

Thanks again Mate

Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51

your very welcome mate and glad to help out as i know how passionate you are about these helmets,you have done a fantastic job fitting it too complimented by the tubing so well done
    Regards James

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast