Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Belgium M-51

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors. Here's a fairly nice condition Belgium M-51 from my collection. It has an early COGEB/ABL liner,the marking is very faint,and could not be photographed. Interestingly i

?

Default Belgium M-51

Hi Fellow collectors.

Here's a fairly nice condition Belgium M-51 from my collection.

It has an early COGEB/ABL liner,the marking is very faint,and could not be photographed. Interestingly it has been repainted at some time,and there is a hint of white underneath the NATO green paint !?
    The chinstrap follows the US T1 style,but it made of slightly inferior quality parts than the original US pattern, overall I am pleased to own this one,and makes an excellent part of my Euro-Clone M1 sub collection.

Thanks for looking,and I welcome your comments.
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51
    Belgium M-51

Default Re: Belgium M-51

Beautiful helmet!
    Your M1 clone collection is coming together nicely.

very nice example opex i like this one alot ,the tri colour present adds to the appeal ,the repainted liner is very interesting and not something you see very often ,i wonder what the original white paint would denote ,keep up the great work james

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    Beautiful helmet!
    Your M1 clone collection is coming together nicely.
    Thank you very much,your comments/complement is most welcome!!

?

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice example opex i like this one alot ,the tri colour present adds to the appeal ,the repainted liner is very interesting and not something you see very often ,i wonder what the original white paint would denote ,keep up the great work james

Thanks James, again the complement is most welcome, I'm glad you like this one!

I have no idea,why it is white, I may strip it back,I might just discover something interesting,I would love to find some unit markings or similar!!!

?

Update, I have had a bit of an exploratory look at the paint on the liner, under the Green is white, and surprisingly under the white a Grey/Blue colour.

So maybe a Belgian Air Force /or Gendarmerie liner originally????

I always assumed Air Force liner's were a light sky blue in colour,so I sway more towards something else???

great result opex on the exploratory paint removal ,i wonder if the white was merely applied as a base coat ,so the blue could denote air force or belgium naval force or as you say gendarmerie ,very interesting

?

Quote by col james View Post
    great result opex on the exploratory paint removal ,i wonder if the white was merely applied as a base coat ,so the blue could denote air force or belgium naval force or as you say gendarmerie ,very interesting
    Hi James.

It was potentially risky,But as the paint was so poorly applied,I thought I might as well discover what was underneath.

I have not had the time yet,to research Belgium liners, but I think maybe it is a Gendarmerie model?
    I had a Belgian Air Force helmet a few years back ( which I now regret trading) this I recall was a light blue colour, and does not match the colour I discovered under the layers of paint on this liner.

Sadly the liner now looks hideous,so I will have to try and remedy my exploratory "scraping" LOL

Thanks for your comments my friend.

JBR
    ?

Nice example with a bit of history to it. Looks to me like the shell's a Belgian made example (they used M1s from other countries, too). The useful World War Helmets site has some interesting photos of variations: .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 51 :.

I used to have in my 'favourites' a link to a Belgian collector's site with many interesting photos (not just of Belgian types) but seem to have lost it. If I can find it again, I'll post a link - unless you already have it. Best Regards,

nice used example of a Belgian M-51 , I need to add one to my collection

the military repaint makes it more interesting, shows it's been used and is part of the history

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast