Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Article about: Could it be that the Belgians simply wanted the best of both worlds with the W German M1A1 Para shell being superior to the French F1 Shell and the French F1 liner being more to their liking

?

Default Re: belgium m71 parachutist helmet

belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet

Some pics of our new kevlar jumphelmets. Pictures are taken in Tancos (Portugal) 3 years ago. Jump 'touriste' without our equipement.

K.

?

belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet

This is the type before the helmettype you have. I think from the '50s and '60s.
    I had lucky to found him in a basement during a big clean up in our base.

Cheers,

K.

Superb krisse, thanks again for sharing more pictures and is that you having an afternoon siesta ?
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:05 PM.

?

Hehe, yeh, that's me. Nap of the warrior. :-)

?

Hello sir,

as promised some pictures of my personal jumphelmet. This types we don't use anymore. They are replaced with a kevlartype.

belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet

Best regards,

K.

When you say they have been replaced with a kevlar helmet, which helmet is this? Is it the same as the Schuberth type used generally by the Belgian forcs, or is a a gallet, or the German Schuberth 828, or what?

?

@ Greg, Pickersgill: it is the helmet that I'm wearing on the pictures shown above. It's the one without the cover.
    I don't know what type it is or which name the helmets has.

K.

Thanks, Kris. That's a clue at least. Looks like one of the new (more or less new anyway) Gallet types. I have a particular interest in composite helmets, as well as in Belgian helmets generally. Thanks again!

?

belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet

This is the kevlartype we're jumping with at the moment. I really don't know which type it is. Maybe you can help me. Pics are with Belgian camouflagecover and without. The helmet accually as no liner but fixable little pillows for the big coneheads in our ranks. :-) The disadvantage of this system is that in winter when it freezes, they become as hard as stone. Not for long offcourse when you have the helmet on your head. I hope you like the pictures.

Cheers,

K.

Superb! Thanks Kris!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast