Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British MkV

Article about: Hi everyone, I want to introduce my recent acquisition. It is a MkV turtle shell with signs of heavy use. It has a camouflage cover widely used in the years of activity and could be seen in

?

Quote by saxe1974 View Post
    Thanks for your comment and mention the name Malvinas. Best regards.
    Your more than welcome, and as you are Argentinian I thought it would only be respectful to use the Islands name as you refer to them.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    hello saxe ,its always hard to make judgements on helmets by pictures alone ,having it in hand is the best for opinions but that isnt going to happen ,it might very well of started its life in the korean war for all we know and as you say refurbished through the years ,the netting certainly looks period ,as for the hessian it could be a latter addition as it shows little signs of aging i could be wrong but i reckon the camo scrim is more likely from an off cut used to disguise vehicles and field equiptment etc perhaps others have a different opinion ,thanks james
    Iam of the same opinion James the net fits the part and very well could have been on the helmet for eons but the scrim and hessian are more recent updates now weather this was done to gussie it up or done in the field is the question and one I am afraid will be a tough call.

Regards Mark

Hi Alex, thanks for your opinion. I think I'll take some more detailed photos of hessian, to try to clear the doubt. Regards

Hi Mark, thanks. And the question you mentioned, I think so too
    Best regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2