Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British style helmet

Article about: I saw this helmet on ebay and i didnt go for it i came back late at home and i started to research the forum for similar helmet with the kind of liner and chinstrap it have . I found one thr

Default British style helmet

I saw this helmet on ebay and i didnt go for it i came back late at home and i started to research the forum for similar helmet with the kind of liner and chinstrap it have . I found one thread that effectivly have the same chinstrap so it answer one question .What bother me now is the liner is it ww2 or post war or another variant that another country used after the war .Maybe civilian helmet ????
    Thanks

Frenchy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British style helmet   British style helmet  

British style helmet  

Polpara
    ?

Default re: British style helmet

Is there a size stamped on the liner's framework, and if so is it in cm or inches?

From the chin strap - Canadian?

Quote by Polpara View Post
    Is there a size stamped on the liner's framework, and if so is it in cm or inches?
    the ad says 54 nothing else

frenchy

Exclamation Post War Belgian MKII

hello, thats a post war 1949 - 1951 era BELGIAN MKII , these usually have a small Belgian flag insignia on the side that was probably removed or painted over. I can also see it has the distinctive screw head that is slightly recesssed on top of the shell, British shells are flat where the screw sits a little different. I use to have one of these in my collection.

HELMETS HELMET COLLECTION BELGIAN HELMET BELGIUM

This is essentially a clone of the standard British Mk2 helmet, used by Belgium in the late 1940s, early 1950s. The shells are Belgian postwar manufacture, beginning in 1949.

The liners are Belgian manufacture and are stamped ABL , signifying Belgian army

thanks to all the answer ,Battle gear i went to check the link on your answer an it was really interesting thanks for the info.
    With knowing the date and all this info could you tell me how much that helmet can be worth on the market today ?
    Thanks

Frenchy

Quote by frenchy View Post
    thanks to all the answer ,Battle gear i went to check the link on your answer an it was really interesting thanks for the info.
    With knowing the date and all this info could you tell me how much that helmet can be worth on the market today ?
    Thanks

Frenchy
    the value of a post war Belgian MKII like this is probably around $25

not much collector interest in this model, I would pass on this type and look for a dated wartime British or Canadian MKII

some people use these for a cheap helmet to use for reenactments / impressions

Battle gear that is what i am searching patiently but in the meantime i am trying to learn more about them . Thanks again for the info
    Frenchy