Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian M36?

Article about: Hi all, I just purchased this helmet. The seller claimed it was a German m36(?) made by Eisenhuttenwerk Thale. I knew it wasn't because of the ridge in the middle, but all of the Bulgarian h

Default Bulgarian M36?

Hi all,

I just purchased this helmet. The seller claimed it was a German m36(?) made by Eisenhuttenwerk Thale. I knew it wasn't because of the ridge in the middle, but all of the Bulgarian helmets I've seen have had relatively small rivets on the sides, and these appear to be very large. Could there have been any truth to his story? or are they possibly post-war? Any info would be great.

I'll have more pics once it arrives

Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36?   Bulgarian M36?  

Bulgarian M36?  

Default Re: Bulgarian M36?

Hi!

It looks like a Bulgarian m36 type A helmet (rolled edge, high positioned rivets). It could have been produced by Eisenhüttenwerk Thale, as it was one of the 3 manufacturers of the helmet, exporting it to Bulgaria, but it could be of any of the other 2 as well.

Unfortunately I can't tell if it's a pre-war or wartime untouched example or a post-war refurbished one, I am no expert in these, maybe someone else has a more educated opinion on this subject.

Regards, Giorgos

?

hi , its a bulgarian m36/a helmet .rolled edge ,2 vent and 6 rivets. this was the first type of m36 produced and was produced in bruno, czechoslovikia . nice helmet ,liner looks to be original. paul

I get so irritated when I see these on E-Bay advertised as Original WW2 German Helmets...same goes for those Spanish Modelo Zs...

Yeah I was a little irked too, but I could tell that the liner was at least a period item, and for the $20 price tag it's a dead giveaway

Thanks for the info everyones, I'll post some close-up pics when it arrives