Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Bulgarian M36 helmet

Article about: Very informative thread, wish I would have found it last week before i posted my own questions. The link posted by magicdutchmen is the most comprehensive M36 info I have see and I've been d

Default Re: Bulgarian M36 helmet

Very informative thread, wish I would have found it last week before i posted my own questions. The link posted by magicdutchmen is the most comprehensive M36 info I have see and I've been doing quite a bit of digging as of late. Was in the market for one M36 to add to my kids collection but I think I've talked myself into getting him both an A and a B type now! Man I love this site!

?

Hello guys. This thread is very informative but I still have some questions regarding these two helmets I bought today.

I think first one is M36A, am I right? Looks like original color and lining to me...

The second one looks like repainted and the liner is different. Which type is it and when were these helmets repainted?

Best regards

Quote by stane View Post
    Hello guys. This thread is very informative but I still have some questions regarding these two helmets I bought today.

I think first one is M36A, am I right? Looks like original color and lining to me...

The second one looks like repainted and the liner is different. Which type is it and when were these helmets repainted?

Best regards
    G'day stane

You have two A types and the second is a post WW2 reissue

?

Hello and thank you for the answer. What does that mean - reissue? Does it mean it's made after war (what year?) or just repainted original A type?

Quote by stane View Post
    Hello and thank you for the answer. What does that mean - reissue? Does it mean it's made after war (what year?) or just repainted original A type?
    reissue means it was refurbished and issued again and yes repainted and a new liner attached

?

Thank you rené, I don't know much about these Bulgarian helmets and am still learning. Do you know which types are he scarcest? I guess postwar type the most common? I wonder why there isn't a decal on the first one - looks like there was never one?

Quote by stane View Post
    Thank you rené, I don't know much about these Bulgarian helmets and am still learning. Do you know which types are he scarcest? I guess postwar type the most common? I wonder why there isn't a decal on the first one - looks like there was never one?
    For me the Czech made A type which you have, is the harder one to find in good nick. Yours probably had a decal but has worn off

?

Hey, thank you so much for the info. A bit offtopic: how much did you pay for your A type with original liner which is presented in this topic?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5